iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fabtek 133

Started by Corley5, March 25, 2013, 11:08:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbender

I was going to say the same thing, there should be a proximity sensor. They run around $100. Maybe if you get in your computer you will just find there is a setting that is off.
Too many irons in the fire

Corley5

I got the bar issue resolved.  The proximity switch was a bit loose and there was crud packed in it on the bar side.  Cleaning and tightening seems to have fixed that.
  I'm in the middle of replacing the AC pump now.  It was seized.  I've sourced a new one from Car Quest but am having issues getting the proper oil capacity and refrigerant charge capacity for it.  Cat doesn't know , JD doesn't know although all the parts are theirs and Fabtek is now Cat.  The pump supplier says to contact the machine's manufacturer.  Cat has suggested calling Thermo King who makes the Red Dot heating/cooling unit in the cab.  I'm really going to appreciate it when I get it to work  :)  I'm also replacing the AC lines while I'm at it.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Corley5

While on the phone with Cat today I ordered oper/maint manuals for the carrier and head  :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

barbender

With the Ponsse machines at least, if your heat or a/c isn't working you are dead in the water for all practical purposes.
Too many irons in the fire

snowstorm

i just put a new red dot unit in the rottne. local dealer quoted $1200 bought it from a dealer in mass for $627. must be a lot of markup in them. i replaced all the hoses and dryer $325. all the hoses will have orings and replace the dryer. i got 5 12oz cans of 134a and 4oz of oil only used 4 cans. if you dont have the gauges you can buy the low pressure only gauge pretty cheap you have to have it. if you put to much in it will make hot air instead of cold

snowstorm

ac hoses will leak through the hose when they get old an weak. some machines you cant get a pre made hose through the little hole it came out of. if so you can buy the fittings that you can crimp yourself. just need the $50 pilers to crimp it with

SwampDonkey

Well, I tell ya. I had to get a GPS fixed once. $250/hr. gulp
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!