iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Something New

Started by Corley5, March 23, 2013, 12:33:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corley5

So as Dee was making breakfast this morning she told me she was going to try something new.  Something she'd seen on TV.  She was going to fry our eggs in bacon grease  :o :D :D ;D ;D  I still can't believe what I heard.  She'd never heard of frying eggs in bacon grease.  I told her there wasn't anything new or special about frying eggs that way.  It's an age old method  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)  The eggs were good.  I haven't had any fried that way in a couple months since I made some for myself that way  ;D ;D  I told her that popcorn is really good made with bacon grease.  She's skeptical about that and when I told her that my Grandma Whittaker still pops corn in hamburger grease she said she'd make a note not to eat any popcorn at her house  ;D :D  Different upbringings I guess  8) :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

GAB

Bacon grease and beef fat.  Add plenty of salt and you have the makings of a heart attacks on a plate.  Yum Yum!
After 3 incidences and 4 stents I've change my diet some.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Corley5

Eggs and popcorn both take salt  ;D

Bibbyman

My breakfast;  three strips of thick sliced hickory smoked bacon cook until still limp (cut to bite size), two large eggs over easy covered with about a quarter cup of medium hot salsa,  burrito size whole wheat tortilla stuffed with Monterey Jack cheese.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

thecfarm

I do not like my eggs cooked in bacon grease. I like my eggs nice and white and I do mean white and nice and runny.  ;D  We cook all our bacon on a cookie sheet in the oven now.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Sonofman

If the pan is clean, I cook my eggs in butter. If I have just cooked sausage in the pan, then the eggs get cooked in that. Bacon at this house is always microwaved. This makes it nice and crisp, but you have to keep an eye on it, as not yet done to burning happens in about 30 seconds.
Located due west of Due West.

sawguy21

I'm shocked. :o I thought frying them in bacon grease is the way eggs are supposed to be cooked. :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

scgargoyle

Bacon and eggs- For the chicken, a day's work. For the pig, a lifetime commitment. :D
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

Chuck White

I love eggs fried in bacon grease, when removed I hold the egg just above the pan and let most of the grease drip back into the pan.

We don't have bacon very often, so I usually cook my eggs in butter.  Only put 1-2 tablespoons of butter in the pan.

My eggs will be fried, white's solid and the yolk soft (runny).
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

WH_Conley

That is known as "Sloppy Eggs" at my house, the grandbabies named them. That is the way Pappy eats them, so, that is the way they eat them.
Bill

martyinmi

It's hard to believe that some have never had eggs fried in bacon grease. I like them prepared on high heat and crispy on the bottom with a nice runny yolk to dip my made in Michigan Texas toast in! digin_2 digin1 smiley_beertoast
No God, No Peace
Know God, Know Peace!

drobertson

All this talk about bacon grease, eggs, sausage, and not one mention of the most important ingredient to the plate?   ;D  not going to mention lest I start someone on a rant :D
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

thecfarm

Others may have their Oil Wars,I have grits War.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

isawlogs

Ray, these guys will try and slip that stuff anywheres they think we ain't lookin'.
   I like my eggs cooked.  :D  I prefer to have the white solid, actualy it best be solid with runny yoke so the toast can have a dip. I loved them in bacon grease, but I need to cut back on certain foods and bacon was a casualty in the cutbacks.... so now they gt cooked in a little olive oil with sea salt.
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Corley5

Quote from: isawlogs on March 24, 2013, 03:05:11 PM
so now they gt cooked in a little olive oil with sea salt.

That sounds good  8) 8) 8) 8)

Bibbyman

Me and my Dr go around and around about cholesterol levels.  My rests have always came back good to within range without medication.  Restricted to one egg a week. But I eat two or three for breakfast six days a week with bacon or sausage. 

They find (make up) something new about food and diet every day.  Some day they will come back around to find man was designed to live on animal parts. 
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Chuck White

Quote from: Bibbyman on March 25, 2013, 03:02:22 AM
Me and my Dr go around and around about cholesterol levels.  My rests have always came back good to within range without medication.  Restricted to one egg a week. But I eat two or three for breakfast six days a week with bacon or sausage. 

They find (make up) something new about food and diet every day.  Some day they will come back around to find man was designed to live on animal parts.

AMEN Bibby!

Just about the time you get set on something, somebody in Med School will have "a good idea"!  ::)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Norm

I make my own bacon now and my all time favorite meal is bacon and eggs over easy with home made muffin bread. Throw in some hash browns and I can't bet any better for me.  :)

Raider Bill

I'm on a french toast casserole kick lately for breakfast or a light snack ;D

Just used the last of my Dad's maple syrup yesterday so if anyone selling/shipping let me know....

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Magicman

I would eat that.   food6
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Norm

Me too!

How about sharing that casserole recipe Bill?

isawlogs

I could be easily talked into eating that for breakfast,  as Norm asked, mind sharing " la recette "   :P
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Raider Bill

It's pretty easy,

Pick out a loaf of bread. Any bread will do but I prefer a crusty dense loaf. The one in the picture was a half loaf English muffin bread and the other half cranberry walnut alternated by slice. I've done it with just plain wonder bread. I do not like it with rye.

6-8 eggs
cup of 1/2 & 1/2 or milk or both
1/4 cup maple syrup
Tablespoon or 2 of sugar
Some vanilla extract
cinnamon to taste

Whip all the ingredients up like a egg wash, put the bread in a casserole dish then pour the mix over the top.
I try to lift the slices up a bit to let the solution get between each slice.
Put in fridge over night. If you can flip the bread upside down in the pan mid way so every part gets soaked up good.

Bake at 350 for 45 minutes of when done to your liking. I like a crust on top some don't. deep pan more time than a shallow pan.

Slice it up, add butter and maple syrup enjoy.

It works great for overnight company as it is ready for the oven in the morning. Another thing I do is if the is any left overs I fry the slices like regular french toast in butter then pour on the syrup. You can also make it up slice, bag and freeze for a snack.

I need some maple syrup who's shipping?
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Norm

Sounds great Bill, thanks!

Weekend_Sawyer

Looks real good Bill!

About Bacon grease. When some one would ask my Mother how to cook something she would usually say "You start with some bacon grease. If you don't have any, tho I don't know why you wouldn't, you can alway sfry some bacon in the pan..."

She was also a great proponent of cast iron cookware.
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Thank You Sponsors!