iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

deere 350b track

Started by EricR, March 20, 2013, 06:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EricR

Im new to dozers and have a 350b that has a broken sprocket and am wondering how you get the track apart.  I have looked and looked and cant find anything that looks like a master link.  any help would be great.  thanks

Bert

one of the links will come apart. just drive the pin out. it can be hard to identify which one especially if muddy. usually its a little egg shaped in the hole which helps id it.
Saw you tomorrow!

rick f

664 clark skidder
1- 562 husky
1- 254xp husky
1 - 268xp husky
1250 JD farm tractor with skid winch
5040 kubota farm tractor

snowstorm

Quote from: rick f on March 20, 2013, 07:22:04 PM
http://www.jdcrawlers.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=7154&sid=a831bdc4b50c521d6b1882966d748214

I googled it
pictures and everything. nice find.              it at one time had a snap ring but it could have been welded in by now. take one track pad off. makes it much easier

jssmitch

Don't let Bert fool you by making it sound so easy.  Believe me, I have broken down more track than I care to count, and some of them can be a booger bear.  If it has been welded, then it was probably welded on the inside.  Look close.  got to find the master, as you will never beat out one of the other pins.  Takes a very strong press for the rest of the pins.
Jessie David Mitchell
USN Retired
Homemade band mill/Bought TK1400

Okrafarmer

When we took ours apart a few months ago, it came apart pretty easy. I'd have to ask Angel for sure, 'cause I wasn't there, but I do remember before hand, helping them find the master link. It was sunk in about a quarter to a half an inch. I think they said it punched out pretty easily without fuss.

Those 350's-- I really dislike the fact that you have to break the track and take the final drive off in order to replace the steering clutch or brake. Seems like on my dad's Cats and Internationals, you could replace brakes or clutches without major surgery. Not so the 350.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

coxy

(some) of the master pins has a small drill hole in the pin SOME of the master pins ar (little ) longer  but you can heat any of the track links around pin and drive them out have 3 350  if you find the master pin we put grind marks in the track pad by the master pin easyer to find next time         ps the master pin can be a pain   be care full not to mushrom the end of  pin GOOD LUCK

scottmtfarm

some pins drive out and some have a master pin with a heavy snap ring holding the pin in.  I have 2 350's and each are different.  If it drives out just remeber "Don't force it, just get a bigger hammer".  The ones with a snap ring do not fit really tight and have a flat place on the end so they wont turn.

snowstorm

to take the track off a 350. jack the back up. master pin should be over the front idler. take the pin out. if you are taking the left side apart start motor hold right steering lever  push clutch put trans in reverse slowly let foot clutch out to rotate track. to put it back on. a pulp hook works pretty good put track on sprocket rotate ahead. dont forget to let the greese out of the track ajuster before you take anything apart

Thank You Sponsors!