iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I'm Florida bound on thursday!

Started by Pete J, April 13, 2004, 09:11:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete J

I'm taking a well needed break to the sunshine state with the wife and kids, yee haa. Landing in Tampa, spending some time with friends in Holiday and Sping Hill on the west coast. The middle of the week in Kissimmee with a side trip to Daytona (my old home town). Any places I can stop by to check out the local logging and lumbering operations? I'd just like to see how the other half lives.
LogRite

Rocky_J

Go back! We don't want any more yankees here!  ;D

Just kidding! I'm on the north side of Orlando but I don't have anything resembling a logging operation. How far are you from Glastonbury? I was born there and my uncle still owns the NAPA auto parts store there. I went back up to visit in November, first time in 30 years.

Pete J

QuoteGo back! We don't want any more yankees here!  ;D

Just kidding! I'm on the north side of Orlando but I don't have anything resembling a logging operation. How far are you from Glastonbury? I was born there and my uncle still owns the NAPA auto parts store there. I went back up to visit in November, first time in 30 years.

I have dual citizenship. I was a Florida boy back in the 70's.

I'm 8-10 miles from Glastonbury. My aunt lives there. Next time I need auto parts, I'll know where to go!

Bro. Noble

Holy Cow :o :o

If I was anywhere near that locality this weekend,  I'd be at the 'Swamp Shanigans',  even if I had to eat with a spork or a foon ;D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

beenthere

For a brief moment yesterday, I thought I had received a "sign" that I would make it to Florida. A special ticket price (purchase by today) on Midwest Express to Orlando ($200) from Madison. But the kicker was not until after May 1.  :(

That would be about 2 weeks late.  Will be a bit envious of your 'casual' gathering, and expect you'll have some fun.

Sounds like eating or getting enough to eat might be a problem  ???
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Haytrader

Noble,

Yer talkin funny.  ::)

You been in the sour milk lately?

;)
Haytrader

oldsaw-addict

Hey if you're gonna be passin by spring hill, I'm near that area. its a screwy state to be in sometimes.
Let there be saws for all mankind!

DanG

Oldsaw-addict, you gonna make it to the Shenanigan?  I didn't realize you were in Fla. ???  Sure would be nice to have you there. :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

DanG

Oops! I went back and read the thread again, and find that Rocky is in Fla, too.  Now you guys gotta get it together and join us in Palatka. The more, the merrier, you know. You'll be missing a real treat if you don't come up and meet Fla._Deadheader, and Swampy. And who could pass up an opportunity to spend some time with Tom?  Food??  Yep, they gonna be food! The only food problem I anticipate is what to do with the leftovers! ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Rocky_J

I have a good friend that used to live in Palatka (actually up the road in Welaka) so I know how to get there. What's the scoop with this 'food' thing? Was it discussed on another thread that I missed? When and where and what do I bring?
 8) 8)

Fla._Deadheader

Go to Shows Events and Places to meet thread.Everything is posted there. Read the whole thread as the directions and food items& stuff are listed there.Everybody( members and guest) are welcome to join the fun. Its gonna be a hoot 8) 8)

signed,Deadheaders daughter...
Teri
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Thank You Sponsors!