iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

mill pickup date

Started by woodweasel, March 19, 2013, 10:35:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodweasel

Six days until I pickup my mill! Its already here waiting for me! Problem is I'm at work!! To quote orion "I'm Pumped" 8) 8) 8) 8)

justallan1

WARNING! You may experience less and less sleep as the day grows closer. :)
Allan

thecfarm

Tell me again what size?  :(  Can't remember nothing at times.  ::) 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

dboyt

Congratulations on the mill.  Do you have some logs decked up and ready to go?  If you think you're having sleepless nights now, just wait until you've started slicing up logs!  How are you set for extra blades?  Try to keep at least a dozen on hand at all times.  I hate it when I run out of blades near the end of a job.  And post a photo of the first clamp log stop you cut!
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

woodweasel

Its the LT35 manual w/deckpackage. I have probally 20 logs, (red cedar,red oak,pecan)!I
have enough standing trees to last a while! I ordered a box (15) of .045x11/4x158',10 degree.
unfortunately I dont remember if that 10 is for soft or hardwood? I plan on getting some
of the other type when I pickup the mill, so that I can cut both types of wood! I'm sure someone
will jump in here and get me lined out on which is which! I asked before but dont remember?? ??? :P 8)

thecfarm

Well congrats on the LT35.  ;D 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

downsouth

I use the 10 degree blades on both hard and soft wood, congrats on the new mill.

thecfarm

So do I,But I don't saw alot either. But with that manual mill,woodweasel might not be sawing much either.  :D They are ALOT of work and SLOW. As I say the slow part is the worst.

woodweasel

Well its not for the weak,but I suspect it would hold its own with your Thomas 6020.
Do they still make that model? ;D

AdamT

Congratulations on the new mill!

The bigger the degree, the softer the wood. I've had little problems with harder hardwoods using the 10's. I also use 7's.  I've never used a 4, but I would like to have a box of them and try them out.
2017 Wood-Mizer LT40HDD35-RA
2011 Wood-Mizer LT40 HD

It's better to have it and not need it then it is to need it and not have it

Chuck White

The 10° blades are a "general purpose" blade, more suited for softwoods than hardwoods, but will work for both.

If you saw mostly hardwood, there are blades better suited for it rather than the 10°!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

Yes,the model is still being made  ;D  and a few others.  :D   the 20 is for the 20 hp,13 is for the 13hp. But mine has to be cranked up and down too,by hand. I suppose you are getting power assisted on the head?

woodweasel

Yes sir, it has the electronic control which moves the head up & down. Also has the electronic control which powers the head through the log then returns it for next cut. Says it will cut 375 bd ft/hr! So I'll see ;D I have a new electric winch to replace the manual log loader if my tractor isnt available. Not sure how effective the manual log turner is gonna be, I figure it will help though! ???

slider

It might be time for a couple of logerite's .
al glenn

Magicman

Congrats on the new sawmill.  You will be fine with the blades that you ordered. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

woodweasel

Yes, I got a 48'' & a 60'' logrite cant hook !  Three more days and a wake-up !! 8) 8) 8)

m wood

A wake up!?  :D  do you think you'll get to sleep that night? :D  I didn't!! :)
congratulatoins woodweasel, thats awesome
mark
I am Mark
80 acre woodlot lots of hard and soft
modified nissan 4x4/welding rig
4x4 dodge plow truck
cat 931b track loader
Norwood mark IV
4' peavy
6' peavy
stihl 034
"her" wildthing limber saw
ALL the rustic furniture  woodworking stuff
check out FB

justallan1

Quote from: woodweasel on March 21, 2013, 09:43:28 AM
Yes, I got a 48'' & a 60'' logrite cant hook !  Three more days and a wake-up !! 8) 8) 8)
Are you getting a mill or getting kicked out of the local hoosegow :D
Allan

clww

That's the way we used to count down our days until we came home from deployments in the USN. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

orion388

I BEAT you Wood!!!  8) 8) 8) 8) :D
LT35HD, Kubota L4330, Stihl 361, 026, Massey Fersuson 55, Ventrac, Grasshopper, Small dumptruck and a huge yearning for knowledge from this forum.

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

woodweasel

Orion, yeah but I'm dragging up The rear closeing the gap fast! how was it? Tell me tell me

Andy White

woodweasel     Is that your shiney new LT35 I saw at Rockin D sawmill yesterday?  If you would like, I can pick it up and break it in for you today!Good looking mill, and Good Luck with your milling.        Andy
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

woodweasel

Thats common counting down on tugboats! After 20 days !(ARE)ready to go home!!  ;D ;D

dukndog

Congrats on the new mill!! smiley_thumbsup
WM LT-15G25 w/PwrFeed, Mahindra 3510, Husky 385xp, Stihl MS261 and a wife who supports my hobby!!

Migal

:) Congrats on the new mill  8) and the future sawdust pocket's  :D
Stihl learning and picked up my Log Master LM2 Cat 34hp 02 21 12! 230MF+ the toys that go with it! MS361 MS271 Stihl PB500 Echo 48" LogRite 16ft Bass Tracker Pro' Abua Garcia 5600 bait caster, Wood working equipment' Lake Lot never enough time! oh don't forget the fridge with ale! Loving Wife Rebeca

Thank You Sponsors!