iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Pope and the President

Started by Stan, April 13, 2004, 08:08:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stan

The Pope is visiting Washington, D.C., and President Bush takes him sailing on the Potomac to relax and get away from it all.

They're admiring the sights when all of a sudden the Pope's zucchetto  (hat) blows off his head and out into the water. Secret Service guys start to launch a boat, but President Bush waves them off, saying, "Wait, wait.  I'll take care of this. Don't worry."

Bush then steps off the yacht onto the surface of the water and walks out  to the Holy Father's little hat picks it up, then walks back to the yacht and climbs aboard.

He hands the hat to the Pope amid stunned silence.

The next morning, the headlines in the New York Times, Washington Post,  Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Boston Globe, Boston Herald, Buffalo News,  Milwaukee Sentinel Journal, Minneapolis Tribune, Denver Post, Albuquerque  Journal, Los Angeles Times and San Francisco Chronicle proclaim:

"Bush Can't Swim!"   :P
I may have been born on a turnip truck, but I didn't just fall off.

Patty

Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

OneWithWood

Now that was funny  :D :D :D :D :D :D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

DanG

:D :D :D  Good'un, Stan! :D :D :D  I like humor with a meaning.  Ol' Dubya can't seem to do anything without it being twisted out of shape. :-/
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

SawInIt CA

Thank You Sponsors!