iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

025 Stihl for occasianal use?

Started by gspren, March 19, 2013, 06:59:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gspren

This Saturday at an estate auction they will be selling the saw that my wife's uncle used for personal firewood cutting and I know my brother wants a saw for a few times a year so I want some opinions on the 025. I won't see it until Friday so I can't say what condition it's in. I was told a 16" bar. Value?
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

T Welsh

gspren, I recently got an 024 at auction about 10 months ago, I paid $85.00 for it. It was visibly beat and did not run. I would think about $125.00 give or take at an auction. you just never know who wants it worse than you do ;D. Tim

isawlogs

Very hard to put a value on unknowns, If the saw starts and runs well, 100$ to 150$ is very well paid. That saw is getting up in age, no matter if it is a relative's or not.
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Al_Smith

Well my personal take on it is an 024 and an 025 aren't even on the same page .I picked the former up at a dealer complete including a bar guard for 50. Cut the baffles out of that thing and let the little rascal breathe right and it's a little sweetheart of a saw ,scuffed piston and all .Never say die . ;)

At an auction though people have brain farts and get in a bidding war often times so you just never know how it might go .

Cut4fun

I sold a like brand new 025 with 16" for  $150.  Thats top price IMO for like new.  Ones that look used and unknown condition $100 or less.

gspren

UPDATE, the saw sold for $130.00, I dropped out at $100.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Al_Smith

It's worth that if it runs and isn't beat to a pulp .

Thank You Sponsors!