iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Have you ever been shorted blades

Started by CalebL, March 19, 2013, 10:09:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CalebL

when ordering from Woodmizer?  I ordered a box of (15) 7° blades last week from Woodmizer.  I got the box in on Friday afternoon and noticed it felt a little light but didn't really think about it.  Saturday afternoon I opened the box and there were only 8 blades in it.  I called Woodmizer on Monday morning to let them know.  The sales guy said it showed that the weight on the order matched 15 blades and then asked if the box had been opened before I go it.  I told him no.

I told him the weight was no where near what it should have been and that I would have checked the package had it looked like someone had opened it.  I never picked it up until I left the office to go home.  It stayed where the Fedex guy placed it until then.  The Woodmizer guy said they would ship me out another 7 blades immediately.  I got an email this morning showing they have all ready shipped them. 

Even though Woodmizer sent me the missing blades I feel like they didn't believe me.  This isn't a dig at Woodmizer, they made me whole on the order.  I was just wondering if this has ever happened to anyone else before? 
2005 LT40 HDD34
2000 Cat 226 Skid Loader

Chuck White

I've not been shorted, but it doesn't surprise me that it could happen and moreso, that Wood-Mizer would make it right!  smiley_thumbsup
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

clww

To err is human. To make it right is awesome.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

hackberry jake

Did you weigh it and compare it with their weight? Maybe their scale messed up.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

dGarnier

could have just been the wrong label on the box.  I ordered some part a few weeks back and when they showed up the box had part that I had no idea what they were for.  I called back and found out the labels got mixed up and someone else had gotten my stuff and I had gotten thers and they were going to be shipping out hte right stuff to the right person later that day.
love being in the woods with a gun or a chainsaw

WDH

I suspect that someone, on the trip between you and WoodMizer, now has 7, nice, new blades.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Did you order your blades from Georgia?  Lots of mills between you and Woodmizer.  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Peter Drouin

Nope, not in the 25 + years that I had a Wood Mizer :D :D ;)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

drobertson

I have gotten more than I ordered, paid for them as well, not wmz,  guess someone figured I needed more blades ;D   I have often wondered about parcel theft, there has been some even caught on camera during the holiday season as I remember.  Glad to hear you got it worked out, 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Brucer

Quote from: CalebL on March 19, 2013, 10:09:07 AM
Even though Woodmizer sent me the missing blades I feel like they didn't believe me.

I wouldn't take it personally. Asking questions to verify the situation will help them figure out what went wrong. Sometimes the people asking the questions don't do it very tactfully, giving the impression that they suspect you of something.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Magicman

WM shipped me two 48" Logrite cant hooks that made it to the UPS distribution facility in Jackson which is about 50 miles away and then disappeared.  We waited about a week for them to show up, and then WM shipped me two more.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Mike N

Quote from: dGarnier on March 19, 2013, 01:38:03 PM
could have just been the wrong label on the box.
This sounds like the most reasonable explanation to me!  WoodMizer made it right! Great!
Woodmizer LT-15  BobCat
If it ain't broke take it apart & find out why!

Busy Beaver Lumber

That is one of the reasons we either ship with a USPS box that looks like thousands of other USPS printed boxes or ship in plain brown boxes that don't give a clue as to what is inside. After shipping well over 3000 packages, only had three that failed to reach their destination and were so called "Lost in the Mail". One actually arrived at the customer 3 weeks later, so i think it got stuck in some machine or process and finally got dislodged and moved on to its destination.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

terrifictimbersllc

I got someone else's package from Lee Valley once, does that count? smiley_hellow_im_here
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

CalebL

The box was labeled as having 15 blades in it and a weight of 36 lbs.  Inside the box was a packing slip that showed it was signed off by a checker.  The big white zip tie was also on the blades. 

I got the new blades in today with a packing slip showing the cost for the 7 blades and shipping was comped with a note "Gesture of goodwill".  Had this been any other company other than WoodMizer, I don't think they would have sent me the blades free of charge since I didn't inspect the box when Fed Ex was here.  Thanks. 

Side note.......I also received my retro kit for the aux hydraulic side supports.  Thanks Bibby!
2005 LT40 HDD34
2000 Cat 226 Skid Loader

WDH

I did not shorted a blade, but yesterday, I shorted a log support with a blade :).  Made a horrible screeching sound  :-\.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

pineywoods

Quote from: WDH on March 22, 2013, 08:48:13 PM
I did not shorted a blade, but yesterday, I shorted a log support with a blade :).  Made a horrible screeching sound  :-\.

He He, it took a while but gotcha  :(
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,58221.msg846934.html#msg846934
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

thecfarm

Bet it was one of your newer blades too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

It had been on about 20 minutes  :).  I have realized that there is a downside to power feed.  It allows you to step away from the mill to do other tasks while the head moves thru the log, but the gremlins rush out when you turn your back.  Then blade moves through the log stop.  That screeching sound where it seems like the whole mill is coming apart really gets your attention as you haul butt scramble back to find that little lever, and the gremlins take refuge in the sawdust pile :)

thecfarm

And you have checked the log support EVERY time for the last 6 months,but this once you did not? That's my story and I'm sticking to it,new blade and all.  :D But why does it always have to happen to a new blade?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

It's allways a new blade :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ;D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Brucer

And what about when you're doing those other tasks and suddenly realize the stop is too high before the blade hits it? You just about have a heart attack trying to get to the controls in time (and look like a complete idiot to anyone who sees you from a distance).
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Thank You Sponsors!