iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

wm to rescue on troubling head lift issue for LT10

Started by rimshot, March 18, 2013, 05:07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rimshot

I want to rerport that I believe I have been given an  improvement now to my problem with heaviness in moving motor head up and down for my LT10.  Now this might not work for everyone's LT 10 but I can see some improvement on mine.  Ideally we would like one finger to balance the amount of elbow grease necessary to lift the motor head. in a perfect world one finger would operate this movement  but in  less than perfect world I am willing to accept and improvement for a once troubling situation.

WM sent me one 225# air and spring cylinder.  That meant for my machine, all I had to do was to replace the bottom or the 200 # air cyliner with a 225. That now represents the combination of two 225#'s instead of one of each.  Some may have a 200 and a 250 as shown in the owners manual.   The last couple of inches might be a bit of the same or perhaps just a touch harder but the darn thing doesn't any longer yank my socks off when I try to position the head.  Mid range is definitely easier as is the 22 " through 24" tall opening for max diameter log.

One more thing, If you have a newer lt 10 and you decide to try this fiix on your personal machine because it has the hard movement issue your mileage my vary because no two machines are exactly alike.  One thing you can do is check your pulley's for over tightening the center bolt because of that happens it can render the movement of that pulley very difficult making operation hard.

Still testing but it's markedly betteer.  I hope this can help others.

rimshot
t
LT 10 with a 10 h.p. and a converted boat trailer to provide mobility for a once permanent mill.

millwright

I've had a few minor problems with my LT35 and was very happy how quick and good the service was from WM.

tyb525

So it sounds like the problem is partly due to the springs not being strong enough?
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Thank You Sponsors!