iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Got my jeep goin over the weekend!

Started by hackberry jake, March 18, 2013, 01:56:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hackberry jake

74 Cherokee with an Amc 360 that I rebuilt. Also put a new transfer case in the ole girl.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4aLvr3eJgwc&feature=plcp
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Ya gotta like it Hack.....that ain't nothing but country. I'd smiley_thumbsup love to have that ride on the farm.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

limbrat

The bigger jeeps like that do they use 290 transfer case or is it chain or belt driven? There was  another real good gear driven one a np 205 or something else that was hard to find. Is it an automatic with the tf727?
ben

Sonofman

When I was young we had a 71 AMC Ambassador with that 360 V8. That was an engine. It had a huge Carter 2bbl on it, but would get 18 mpg on the highway. The inside was ROOMY!!! The only problem it had was little things, but they added up. It was my first car when I got old enough to drive.
Located due west of Due West.

WmFritz

I always liked old Jeeps like yours Jake... Especially the two doors.
Nice to see them kept alive.  move_it
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

hackberry jake

It has a turbo 400 transmission(bullet proof gm transmission) and it was old enough to have the original "quadra-trac" transfer case made by Borg Warner. They used the quadra-trac name with a lot of other lower quality transfer cases as well, but they were just using a name that sold cars. It's had a hard life and I just got done welding up the cracked frame, bet it will keep on going as long as I can fix it ;)

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

Banjo picker

Here is one of my projects...its a 1960 with the org. super hurricane in it...Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

sawguy21

I doubt if I would get the missus to go out with me in either of those but I sure like them. ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

shinnlinger

Neat!  in hs I had 79 chief wide track  like that.     360 with a 4 speed and locking hubs.  I had to put a floor in and a few axles before I was done but it was a good rig.   Every once in a while I consider getting a Wagoneer
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

limbrat

The turbo 400 was a solid transmission and unlike the 727 you can vent it so that it wont suck water in a deep puddle.
Bajo Picker is the super huricane related to the 225 tornado used in military and other jeeps in the mid and late sixtys? The tornado was a contenial engine with a flow through hemospheric design. I helped a friend restore a 1.25 ton military jeep that he got from a volenteer fire dept. It was a very powerful little inline six.
I have never had a full size just a couple of cj5 and 8s.
ben

Al_Smith

My father had a thing with old Jeeps .He must have done at least a dozen total frame off restorations ,mostly CJ2As' .

The last one he ever did is still in the barn with the snow plow on it and it's a CJ3B I think .Odd ball 134 cubic inch F head engine .Intake over exhaust .It had about 10-15 more HP than the original flathead 4 banger in the CJ2As'.

The ole boy would find one ,totally go through it .Someone would come along and buy it and he'd find another one .Might take him 6-8 months to get it in good running order and looking good and the whole cycle would start over .

A couple of those Jeeps ended up in Colorado .One a 1948 model CJ2A was driven to Texas .Took the guy 4 days from Ohio at about 45 MPH .Not much road speed but they could climb a tree if they could get the traction .

slider

Now were talking jake,check out my 81 cj 7 .350 chevy th 400 spring over 10 in lift on 35's.with 2 and a half in flomasters.As Danny would say ,she's sweet.

al glenn

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

gspren

Banjo Picker's Jeep looks like my first car, a 1951 Willys wagon, same year as me.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Banjo picker

You got any pictures of that baby?....I have 4 ...the 1960 in the pic. a 1964 that has no motor or trans...a 48 or 49? pickup and a parts wagon that I bought because it was just too cheep to let go to scrap...Having to work for a living sure gets in the way of doing the things I want to do...Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Left Coast Chris

I used to have a CJ5 with the 304 v8.  It could pull the front end off of the ground.  Can't wait to get another one some day.

You have a good looking stump jumper there Jake!   8) 8) :)
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

scottmphoto

I'd love to have one of the older Cherokee's like that first one. I have a '91 XJ that I am partial to though.

hackberry jake

And here is what I did to her over the weekend

hackberry jake

spun the two drivers side tires off. Shoulda had either more air in the tires or bead lock wheels. Usually only run 10lbs of air 

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

thecfarm

My step son would be right there beside you.   ;D  He has spent hours,really half the night and morning,in the dark,help get one of his buddies out of a hole,not as bad as that. Than go home and get cleaned up and go to bed for a couple hours and go to work. Now that is fun.
I have a small,I think one acre field,up in the woods,that he is just waiting for me to win the lottery and turn in it into a "Hole" like you are in.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

lumberjack48

A bunch of us used to get together, husbands and wifes, pack a picnic lunch and go 4x4ing, we'd have a ball. I owned 9 different 4x4's, the best one was my 66 Bronco, 7.50-16's, 6 cylinder with 3 on the tree, when the going go tough i'd chain her up.
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

DanG Hack......have you ever thought about Golfing on the weekends? :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

hackberry jake

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on April 01, 2013, 06:04:02 PM
DanG Hack......have you ever thought about Golfing on the weekends? :D
Will they let me bring my jeep?

Thank You Sponsors!