iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Winter 2013

Started by Mike N, March 18, 2013, 01:35:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike N

Looks like my WoodMizer is out  of commission until May. It was -18F here yesterday with more snow on the way!

Northern Minnesota  :snowball:

Woodmizer LT-15  BobCat
If it ain't broke take it apart & find out why!

SPD748

Frick 0 Handset - A continuing project dedicated to my Dad.

410 Deere, 240 Massey... I really need a rough terrain forklift :)

Sawing Since 1-19-2013 @ 3:30 pm
Serving Since 2002
"Some police officers give tickets, some gave all."

Red Clay Hound

My Wood-Mizer looks happier than yours! :) :) :)

2007 Wood-Mizer LT40 Super Hydraulic with 51 hp. Cat; 2007 Wood-Mizer EG200 Twin Blade Edger; Woodmaster 718 Molder/Planer; Stihl MS460 and MS362 Chainsaws; 2011 John Deere 5065 with JD 553 Loader

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

drobertson

Yea, I reckon, it's not over for you boys, mercy, what a pile of snow,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

thecfarm

Mike,I'd almost rather see a toe picture than that.   :D  That looks some scary. It was 8 above here and the snow in the open is just about gone. But that will all change tomorrow,maybe 18 inches of snow,but it will be a normal storm,slow and light. Rather have it now than in May.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

millwright

Here in northern Wis. last night it was 11 below and we got 8 inches of new snow.

bandmiller2

Mike,prehaps next winter a cozy shed for you and the mizer. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Kingcha

The same thing here in Northern Michigan and that's why I have not ordered my mill yet.   I had hoped to order it by the end of this month.  I am guessing it will now be the first or second week of April.  They wait is driving  me up a wall.   The last 2 March's I spent in the south west.  Wishing I was there now.

Not long now and It will be over, I keep telling myself as a new snow storm moved in today.   :(
a Wood-mizer LT15 10hp Electric, 45hp Kioti tractor, electric smoker, wood-fired brick oven & yes a custom built Solar Kiln

WDH

Tony,

Logs as far as the eye can see  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

chevytaHOE5674

At least you can see out the windows on your building. I had to take the loader and clear out next to most of my buildings as there was no more room for snow to slide off the roofs. The snow had built up so much it was touching the eves.

isawlogs

That green grass looks so inviting, then I get to think of all them snakes that hide out in around there, and the invitation loses some of its gleam...   ;D :D
Our place here looks very much like yours does Mike, a storm is brewing and they are calling for 15 to 30 cm of snow ( 6 to 12 " ) with drifting snow, for tomorow and wenesday... oh lord what fun this is going to be....   ::)  :snowball: :snowball:
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Red Clay Hound

Quote from: isawlogs on March 18, 2013, 09:29:54 PM
  That green grass looks so inviting, then I get to think of all them snakes that hide out in around there, and the invitation loses some of its gleam...   ;D :D
Our place here looks very much like yours does Mike, a storm is brewing and they are calling for 15 to 30 cm of snow ( 6 to 12 " ) with drifting snow, for tomorow and wenesday... oh lord what fun this is going to be....   ::)  :snowball: :snowball:
I think I'd rather deal with the snakes! :D  I've lived here all my life and as far as I know I've never met anyone who has been bitten by a poisonous snake.  We get 3 or 4 inches of snow every couple of years and that's enough for me! :)
2007 Wood-Mizer LT40 Super Hydraulic with 51 hp. Cat; 2007 Wood-Mizer EG200 Twin Blade Edger; Woodmaster 718 Molder/Planer; Stihl MS460 and MS362 Chainsaws; 2011 John Deere 5065 with JD 553 Loader

rambo

I live in PA and I am going batty from this weather. I can't imagine what you go through ever winter. I would have to move.

hunterbuild

We need any water we can get, even a blizzard. I just augured a 6' hole. Soil dry all the way down.

scully

I built a 20' leanto off my shed to put my mill under every day I worked on it was snowing and freezeing ! It ain't prity but my mill is under cover ! I even milled 500bf so far under it ! We are getting snowed on right now as usual but I sleep better knowing my mill  is not burried !
I bleed orange  .

tgalbraith

Tomorrow is the first day of spring.  Just got done plowing 5 inches of new snow and the predicted high for tomorrow is 26.  My cabin fever has just become terminal!!!!
M Belsaw, 46" insert blade, Oliver 88 power  plant

Finn1903

Nice snow picture, looks like time to pull out the snow scoop.
Makes me miss home, wait a minute, last weekend I milled a good whack of logs, saturday was in the 60's, sunday it turned cold and in the 40's. 
Thanks for the reminder of what a real winter is like, and why I stayed in North Carolina, enjoy the snow up there, eh
WM LT40HDD47, bunch of saws, tractor, backhoe, and a loving wife.

Jeff

Quote from: Kingcha on March 18, 2013, 08:44:13 PM
The same thing here in Northern Michigan and that's why I have not ordered my mill yet.   I had hoped to order it by the end of this month.  I am guessing it will now be the first or second week of April.  They wait is driving  me up a wall.   The last 2 March's I spent in the south west.  Wishing I was there now.

Not long now and It will be over, I keep telling myself as a new snow storm moved in today.   :(

Remember it can some time sometimes to get a mill.  You should be ordering it well before you want it to be available.  You are taking a chance by waiting for good weather to order, that it may take you months to get it if everyone does what you do. There are not hundreds of sawmills lined up at dealers like there are cars. ;) :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

arlostone

tomorrow is the fist day of spring and we just got 12''here,last year this week was eighty degrees and you could see heatwaves coming off of the snow.ya just never know :snowman:
tk 1400

Kingcha

Thanks for the heads up Jeff, I had planned on calling  them soon.  I was sorta figuring a 3-4 week lag time. 

What has been the experience of others on wait times???

Guessing I might just have to call them tomorrow.  Got nothing else to do but watch it snow.

matt
a Wood-mizer LT15 10hp Electric, 45hp Kioti tractor, electric smoker, wood-fired brick oven & yes a custom built Solar Kiln

Kingcha

Ok I got it rolling.  Got my estimate off the website so all I have to do is call now and see what the wait time is.  I really don't want it until the snow is gone and I prep the area.   We just got another 10"+ of snow and looks like another 7-8" in the next 2 days.      Ground hog want dead or alive.  :(

Kingcha

8) 8) 8) Yep I just got off the phone with Archey at WM.  My mill is ordered.   Tentative shipping date of 4-19

8) 8) 8)

red oaks lumber

winter sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the longer it takes for spring to arrive the closer next winter will be :( :(
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Jeff

I'd rather see a more normal winter like this one than what we had last year, with 80° in March. It ruined much of Michigan's apple and cherry crops as well as asparagus.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!