iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I joined the club!!!

Started by Dstrnad, March 17, 2013, 07:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dstrnad

Saturday my new old 2005 norwood LM2000 was delivered. :) I haven't had much time to go through it but I did have to cut a tree out of the yard to mill. lol I think my son (he is 7) is as excited as I am and will be able to safely help with our project. It needs a little tlc on small things, most of which I have fixed already. I can't believe the guy never fixed the pull cord it was only 1.5 ft long and it still started right up all the time. Those honda 13 hp seem like great little engines. I would like to find a bed extension or two and will be making a trailer kit. I think it will serve my purposes well

Dave

samandothers

Congratulations on the new toy.  Glad it is coming around and you have a helper!

drobertson

Happy for you Dave, and the lad!  I know he will grow leaps and bounds with this new project,   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Magicman

Congratulations !!!  I foresee many pleasurable hours ahead, plus it will be a good learning experience for your Son.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Congrats on the mill.What's all the lumber going to be used for?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

Good for you, there a good mill , I know it's hard work but have fun doing it 8) 8)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

wesdor

Congrats on the Norwood. A friend got one last fall and loves it.

Bet there is some learning going to happen for both you and your son

Be safe and enjoy

Nomad

The LM2000 is a really nice mill.  As you mentioned, safety for your son is especially important.  Don't forget to teach him about the dangers of logs, too!
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

customsawyer

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Chuck White

I see lots of good times ahead, congratulations!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Gasawyer

Congratulations on the mill!
Woodmizer LT-40hdd super hyd.,Lucas 618,Lucas 823dsm,Alaskian chainsaw mill 6',many chainsaws large and small,NH L555 skidsteer, Int. TD-9,JD500 backhoe, and International grapple truck.

petefrom bearswamp

Congrats on the mill
You will soon have the sawdust sickness.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

tgalbraith

Good luck with your new mill,be safe and watch the little guy. They can get into things in a heartbeat.
M Belsaw, 46" insert blade, Oliver 88 power  plant

m wood

congrats dave, from another new/used Norwood owner.  I think those honda engines are almost bulletproof too.  enjoy the heck out of it.  father son time is awesome in the woods.  my last one "at home" is 14 now and the time slips away toooo fast.
mark
I am Mark
80 acre woodlot lots of hard and soft
modified nissan 4x4/welding rig
4x4 dodge plow truck
cat 931b track loader
Norwood mark IV
4' peavy
6' peavy
stihl 034
"her" wildthing limber saw
ALL the rustic furniture  woodworking stuff
check out FB

Dstrnad

We are building a home, and we are going to build as much as we can with our own lumber. This is sort of going to be our little Alantis, somewhat remote 1/2 mile back in from the road. I wish we were even more remote, however currently we depend on my income from working in town. I am glad I found the lm2000 locally, to be honest I ended up ordering a HF one for $1500 with plans to modify. Cancelled.  I ended up spending just a little more for a real machine. Once I get things figured out I think it will work out ok. I always try to find things that my son can help with, sometimes it is rather difficult. I think I am going to put him behind the mill pushing it through the log. It seems like the safest place for him.

dboyt

Congrats on the "new" mill.  Those old LumberMates are pretty tough machines.  Milling lumber for you house is an awesome experience.  My kids were in diapers when I did that 30 years ago.  Wish I'd had my Norwood back then!  Take your time, and be patient.  You both have some great experiences ahead of you.  By the way, if you haven't registered with Norwood, you should do so.  They still have parts & great customer support for the older mills.
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

Thank You Sponsors!