iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wife Turned a Wack of Pens Today - pics

Started by Busy Beaver Lumber, March 17, 2013, 06:08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busy Beaver Lumber

Could not tear the wife away from her lathe today. She got an order for 24 pens this week and she was determined to do them all today. I was suprised. It only took her about 4 hours to get them all done. Before someone points out the obvious, the order was for 24, but only 20 are shown here. She started packing the other ones up before i got my hands on the camera and could not see asking her to unwrap them.

She has turned well over 200 of these and loves to do them. We glue up and make the blanks with the layers of different color woods or the ones with two different color woods with the 45 degree joint. It seam like we are always gluing up one thing or another and we do go through about 2 gallons of titebond wood glue a month on average.

Anyway, back to the pens, here is some pics of the ones she made today.

Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

Banjo picker

Those are very nice.  Would you by chance know what kind of wood the eighth one down is?  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

pasbuild

If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

NWP

Cool.  I like the ones that have a lot of different types of wood glued together.

BTW, I tried to go to your website from the link under your name and it wanted me to enter a username and password to get to it.  I didn't know if there was something wrong with it.
1999 Blockbuster 2222, 1997 Duratech HD10, 2021 Kubota SVL97-2, 2011 Case SV250, 2000 Case 1845C, 2004 Case 621D, John Deere 540A, 2011 Freightliner with Prentice 120C, 2012 Chevrolet, 1997 GMC bucket truck, several trailers, and Stihl saws.

Magicman

That is a whack of eye poppers.   :o    :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

RynSmith

Quote from: NWP on March 17, 2013, 09:38:21 PM
BTW, I tried to go to your website from the link under your name and it wanted me to enter a username and password to get to it.  I didn't know if there was something wrong with it.

Same thing happened to me even though I know I've looked at your site before...
???  ???

Busy Beaver Lumber

Thank you for the compliments everyone. Will definitely have Kristina read them. She is pretty shy and does not often deal with the customers face to face, so she often does not get to hear their compliments first hand, which i think she deserves to hear.  Will share your kind thoughts with her for sure.

Thanks to all for feeback on website connection problem. Was a simple glitch with the hosting service that was quickly resolved. Just got new credit cards and expiration date on new ones did not agree with the old date they had in the system. Simple 2 minute fix had us back on line.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

Thank You Sponsors!