iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

WM LT-10 lift upgrade?

Started by francismilker, March 15, 2013, 10:47:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

francismilker

Has anyone here added a manual handcrank lift to the LT-10 with good success?  If you have, can you add some pictures?  I've got an idea of how to do it but wondered about checking in to simply putting a lifting mechanism from a LT-15 model on my LT-10 if it's possible. 

It's a great little mill and does what I need it to do.

"whatsoever thy hands finds to do; do it with thy might" Ecc. 9:10

WM LT-10supergo, MF-271 w/FEL, Honda 500 Foreman, Husq 550, Stihl 026, and lots of baling wire!

millwright

There's a guy near me who has one that he mounted a small 12volt winch to lift and lower the head. It seemed to work pretty good.

isawlogs

re you talking about a head lift or a lift for logs...
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Happycamper

I sincerely hope that wm is looking into the problem and fixes it soon.
                                  Jim
Wether you think you can or you can't you're right

francismilker

Quote from: isawlogs on March 15, 2013, 06:05:21 PM
re you talking about a head lift or a lift for logs...

I'm referring to a headlift.

WM LT-10supergo, MF-271 w/FEL, Honda 500 Foreman, Husq 550, Stihl 026, and lots of baling wire!

francismilker

Quote from: millwright on March 15, 2013, 06:03:21 PM
There's a guy near me who has one that he mounted a small 12volt winch to lift and lower the head. It seemed to work pretty good.

Any chance of getting a picture?

millwright

Sorry, this old computer I have won't let me download any pics.

Sixacresand

I made this hand crank system for my LT10.  You can't tell much from the photogragh, but it uses a small cable attached to head and the other attacted to a 3/4" metal pipe which acts like a winch to raise the head.  The metal pipe goes through bored holes in two boards trimmed down to stick in the metal frame of the mill.  On the end of the metal pipe is a hand crank.  Of course, if the air assist lift cylinders on the mill are defective, the hand crank will work, but will be difficult.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

francismilker

Thanks sixacresand!  I appreciate it. :)

Thank You Sponsors!