iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Thanks But No Thanks

Started by Meadows Miller, March 13, 2013, 08:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meadows Miller

Gday

Sometimes you just have to use that phrase  in business :) :) Had a customer wanting 80-100mbft of GOS Garden Ties and Graded 4x4" posts wholesale per month told him that orders that size require a deposit and ballance weekly on what was delivered for that week and worked with him on price and came down %10 to  $900per mbft for the posts and $580mbft for the garden ties  He was also avoiding confirming he was happy with the terms of trade  :) :) :P :P  ??? ::) ::)

So in the end I told him If it was not going to be working the way I wanted it to that I would just blow it out into pallet @$560 per thoushand with alot less dramas with my customers and COD terms via email and have not heard back from him since . ;)

Sorry Last time I checked I was the Sawmiller the one able to produce it not the buyer or wholesaler  :)  ;) :D :D :D

Just abit of a vent but I and there are a group of us Two loggers one with a couple of mills and two Sawmillers including myself together now and we have all been mucked around and also hung up for money of the bigger boys over the years.

We are in control from go to wo And the good stuff is still getting sawn into post , structural timber and garden ties but getting sold though the 6 yards we have organized that we are setting up and we have control over final pricing there also ;)

As some of you already know I was and am working on putting together a Group/Associaton of Smaller Loggers & Sawmillers  where we can make better returns on our effort as individual by working together . ;D ;D 8)

And I will talk about that further in another thread as I am getting fielded with enquires for timber to be sourced from all over the World and have been geeting asked about American Oak alot .  :) :)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

dgdrls

Fee, scope schedule.  you have to control at least two.

Sounds like you are making good progress.

DGDrls

Meadows Miller

Yeah things are coming together nicely just starting to make some money after 6-8 months of planning and organizing Mate  :) ;) :D ;D ;D 8)

We also have a Treatment plant onboard which the big  treaters do not know about  and they don,t like them either !! ;)  :D :D :D smiley_devil_trident

If we want to we can dump treated timber into the market at upto and even over 30% lower than they are atm and  their business structure will not allow them to compete ;)   

You can only kick dogs so many times before they turn around and bite you n chew your butt up   :o ;) ;D ;D :D

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

sigidi

Was once told " you can be the buyer or the seller - ya can't be both"

Good on ya for stickign to ya guns Chris 8)
Always willing to help - Allan

JustinW_NZ

yeah, stick to your guns, you know the product and your capabilities, so why drop your trousers for someone that only might be trying to only beat his current suppliers down anyway.

When people come fishing I like to try and beat them with their own stick  :D

Cheers
Justin
Gear I run;
Woodmizer LT40 Super, Treefarmer C4D, 10ton wheel loader.

Thank You Sponsors!