iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

SketchUp Pro installation problems

Started by Ljohnsaw, March 13, 2013, 12:44:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ljohnsaw

For lack of a better forum (please move if there is a better place)...

I've been using the free version of SketchUp for a couple of months now to design my cabin.  In order to save a bunch of money for both an engineer's time and a draftsman, I'm planning to buy the pro version (currently $495 - anyone have a discount code ;)).

So I downloaded the trial pro version and attempted to install.  I get an error that .NET 2.0 needs to be installed (the help file says the SU install should automatically do this, but it didn't).  So I hit the Micro$oft site and every one of the various installs I try fail.  So I uninstall and now SU "sees" it missing and attempts to install, but fails.

Anyone have this issue and was able to solve?
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

clearcut

There is a $49 student license, if your son wants to learn SketchUp Pro.

http://www.sketchup.com/buy/eduresellers.html

I found these from last October:
QuoteTrimble now owns SketchUp, but the following Google SketchUp Pro promo codes still work to get $100 off. Use SGEOX9   SGEOX9UK   SGEOX9EU at http://www.sketchup.com

Carbon sequestered upon request.

Jay C. White Cloud

Sorry buddy, that is a mystery?  We just finished our third free installment of Pro version and will be buying it in a few months.  It seems to only really add some of the higher end drafting and blue printing functions need for a group like ours.

For you, the free version should be more than enough.  We just sent one of our jobs to our Architect in Fairfax, VA and for a small fee, he fixed any code requirements we needed, made the blue prints and then prepared everything for permitting.  The pro version would have sped a little of that process up and saved us some time/money.  For you, it may not be necessary.  I don't think you will see a big difference in the daily operating functions you use.

Good luck,
"To posses an open mind, is to hold a key to many doors, and the ability to created doors where there were none before."

"When it is all said and done, they will have said they did it themselves."-teams response under a good leader.

submarinesailor

Quote from: Jay C. White Cloud on March 13, 2013, 10:33:51 AM
We just sent one of our jobs to our Architect in Fairfax, VA.

Jay - let me know if you get down to the Fairfax area or are working a job here.  I'm real close.

Bruce

Jay C. White Cloud

Hi Bruce,

If I go down with the frame, I'll make sure to reach out, thank's for asking.  I might be in Louisiana so only one of our crew will be going with the frame to help with the raising.  I'm going to try and get better with photos.

Regards,

Jay
"To posses an open mind, is to hold a key to many doors, and the ability to created doors where there were none before."

"When it is all said and done, they will have said they did it themselves."-teams response under a good leader.

Thank You Sponsors!