iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

gearmatic winch contdol rebuild kit?

Started by logman81, March 11, 2013, 03:49:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

logman81

Does any one know where I can fined a rebuild kit for the winch control mine is leaking where the handle goes into the body of the controler.
Precision Firewood & Logging

mad murdock

Use the forum search tool for gearmatic winch control, I think quite a while back someone posted NAPA PN's for all the parts needed to rebuild one.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

overtime

Dav co farmington Maine 207-778-9060 talk to John in parts they will send you everything you need

logman81

Thanks guys it's leaking past the brass bushing, that is worn out and the o ring is worn out on the shaft causing the leak. I'll give davco a call. :)

thecfarm

I still think they should be a sponsor here.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

coxy

the brass bushing just cost me 33.00 for 1 26.00 for the other  got mine from cj logging in boonville ny

UN Hooker

$33 and $26 for a "brass" bushing? Are you sure they were brass and not GOLD?   ::)
   UN
Retired Toolmaker/Moldmaker
C-4 & C5D TF - 5500 Iron Mule - Restored 4400 Ford Ind. FEL ex Backhoe w/custom built boom w/Valby 360* grapple w/18' reach - 920 Cat w/bucket & forks w/clamp - Peterson 10" WPF - LT-15 - Cooks Catsclaw & Dual tooth setter - many Husky saws

coxy

paid 49.00 for the brake control rubbers on top of winch sad when 8 years ago it was 18.00

oldseabee

Here is web site for service and parts manual.
http://www.paccarwinch.com/pdf/J358J.PDF

Paccar winch owns gearmatic.

logman81

Thanks I have gotten parts from paccar before when I had my bone. Thanks for the help!

Thank You Sponsors!