iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What'd I make this for?

Started by Lud, March 09, 2013, 06:18:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lud

Pretty simple but since I couldn't find them to buy, I just made one.

And  for interest,  why'd I make it like I did??
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

Dan_Shade

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

breederman

It is obviously a toilet paper holder!
Together we got this !

pasbuild

If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

scsmith42

Looks like a flare holder to me....
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

MJD

Looks like a ice spike to help you get out of the water when you fail through the ice.

Sprucegum

:D pretty small for an ice pick unless he makes one for each finger  ;)

Why do you need to find the center of such a small hole?  ???

Lud

So you drill a hole for a dowel and you want to locate the center for the piece you're doweling into.  They got these sets of little metal plugs in various sizes which I couldn't find in the box stores. so time to make it.

It's a half inch dowel hole but i used 3/8's dowel and wrapped it with a bit of masking tape so it would be easier to get out than if I used half inch which fits tight.  I ran a finishing nail in the center and ground it to a point.  It needs to last for 20 holes so getting it out was important.

Some of the stuff they sell these days is so special purpose you'll never get payback so I'm always looking for another way to solve the puzzle at hand.  Dan gets the points! 8)

Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

Oliver1655

I have three areas. 1 - Wood working, 2 - Metal fabricating, 3 - Mechanical repair.    ::)
     Along with concern of wood dust being very flammable, the metal/abrasive residue from metal fabrication is dirty & goes every where!  It is rough on the lungs, will discolor the wood, & definitely not anything you need in anything with movable parts you are repairing. (It also greatly improves productivity having the tools setup ready to use!)   8)

John
John

Stihl S-08s (x2), Stihl S10 (x2), Jonsered CS2139T, Husqvarna 338XPT California, Poulan Microvibe XXV, Poulan WoodShark, Poulan Pro 42cc, McCulloch Mini-Mac 6 (x2), Van Ruder Hydraulic Tractor Chainsaw

Andy White

Lud
That little invention of yours has given me an idea! I will make one with the center offset about 3/32" and mark the offset center to use for marking tennons while in the mortice for timber framing. I always get the layout direction confused, and this looks like it would not miss!    Thanks                                     Andy
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

Lud

Andy,
          Glad it gave you an idea.  I'll have you know I grew up knowing the White Brothers that worked for my Dad.  Andy, Freland , and Billie Joe.  Straight shooting fellas I was proud to know.

Oliver,  I'll tell ya, my metal working stays in the east end of the garage and the wood working stays in thle bank barn.  Metal stain on wood's  a bugger.

Thank You Sponsors!