iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Thanks, Slider!

Started by Nomad, March 08, 2013, 07:03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nomad

Got to spend a few hours with Slider today, watching him put his LT70 through it's paces.  He was working at the Satilla Lodge, one of Mr Tom's favorite places. 
     I'd never been there before.  I can see why Tom liked it so much.  What a beautiful place to be able to work!  Al, I envy you.  Mostly real nice logs, too.
     Slider and his offbearer Lee are a great couple of folks.  Even his dog decided she liked me.  (Something that surprised him as much as it did me.)  She's a bit stand-offish.
     Al, it was great to see you again.  Thanks for the time.  Oh, yeah.  I promise I won't tell anybody about that one log I haven't already mentioned it to. ;D
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

WDH

Bill,

Where's the beef pics  ???
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Nomad

Quote from: WDH on March 08, 2013, 09:33:12 PM
Bill,

Where's the beef pics  ???

His dog is camera shy, too. :D  But actually, I forgot my camera.
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

WDH

Well, I believe you because I was talking to Al on the phone, and he said that he was going to invite you up, and I told him that if he did, that you would come, and you did  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Nomad

Quote from: WDH on March 09, 2013, 07:04:14 AM
Well, I believe you because I was talking to Al on the phone, and he said that he was going to invite you up, and I told him that if he did, that you would come, and you did  ;D.

I guess I'm just too nosy predictable. :D
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

customsawyer

I know nothing about that log. :-X
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

slider

Just got back from the satilla lodge road trip.Like Nomad said this was Mr. Tom's favorite sawing place.What a great place to spend time.We only saw dead trees ,lightning struck or beetle kill or just old age.All are well over 100 years old.Bill came up and spent the day with us ,great time .Some what challenging at times.Big logs and bucked short,6,7 and 10 ft.and true heart pine.I will post some picks from last trip because we both forgot the camera.Thanks for making the trip to visit nomad and the bad log is just one of those buggers that comes to you when you get cocky .The last cut produced 22 in full hart pine boards.
al glenn

slider

al glenn

customsawyer

Why is Vic the one doing all of the work?
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Jeff

I've had the privilege of standing with Mr. Tom on the wide heart pine board floor there. Also chasing a lizard on an old board dock down over the river bank.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WDH

The Satilla is a nice black water river.  Very nostalgic for me.  The hound and the scorpion both seem happy  :D. 

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Man.....beautiful place.  smiley_thumbsup
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

It ain't hissin, but I am sure that he wishes that it was  :D.

customsawyer

I wish it was mine too. ;D
www.thecustomsawyer.com

slider

I will post some pictures of the inside of the lodge as soon as i get my problem figured out .Picture won't upload from pc to gallery for some reason.I've pm'ed WDH he get's me back on track most of the time.Hope he can help because that 12 ft alligator inside is a sight to see.
al glenn

Thank You Sponsors!