iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Charcoal broiled steaks cause cancer

Started by Den Socling, March 07, 2013, 03:21:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Den Socling

That's right. There's Benzopyrene in those steaks. If you pump enough of the stuff into a rat, it will get cancer. I'm reading a book by Dr. Joe Schwarcz. He says that, if you eat just 100 charcoal-broiled steaks, you will increase your chance of getting cancer by a whopping 0.0003 percent!  :D

Raider Bill

Seems like I heard that before. I stopped eating them till they went on sale again. :D

Never liked the charcoal started with fluid though, figured that can't be good for you.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

hardtailjohn

Laugh now.....but that parasite probably made half a million dollars (of your and my money) to do that study.....and ate all the free steak he can hold.  Stuff like that never ceases to amaze me...but like my Grandpa always said...."never seen anyone live forever, so that might as well be what kills me!"  ;D
I'm so far behind, I think I'm ahead!

Den Socling

Dr. Joe was making fun of people that worry too much. Like the statistics of dying in a plain crash. It's DanG near nothing. Certainly nothing to worry about. I wish I had a steak! I had a Delmonico a few months ago. Melted in my mouth. Ohhhhh I'm starving.  :D

Raider Bill

Smoked and grilled over charcoal for your viewing pleasure.

Bon Appetite  ;D

Den Socling

coxy

well should be dead all ready will have to eat more slim jims theres to many things in there not to get cancer :D

coxy

thats not nice just about dinner time  >:( :D :)

scgargoyle

Remember- eating healthy, avoiding booze, smokes and wild wimmen will not make you live longer- it just SEEMS longer! :D
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

thecfarm

Raider Bill,I have one of those charcoal starters? Just a good size round can with a handle,and holes in the bottom. Charcoal goes on top, 2-3 crumbled up newspaper in the bottom. Use a match on the newspaper and about 15-20 minutes the coals are ready. I know what you mean about lighter fluid.  ::)  I don't think they are any more than $10.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Norm

I've got one too Ray.

I use the leftover paper towels I drain my bacon on. I take them and wipe out the pan after I've drained the bacon grease out and have a small trash can with a lid on it I store them in until ready to use.

I cant' believe you guys torturing Den with pictures of those dangerous steaks cooked over charcoal.  ;D

thecfarm

Norw,in that case yours is ready in 10 minutes.  ;D     By the way Norm,what happened,that meat on the grill looks kinda small for your style?????
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Mooseherder

There is a reenactment planned for Saturday. ;D

Raider Bill

I also use one of those charcoal starters. Not only does it keep the lighter fluid away from my food but I think it gets the coals ready faster.

Sonofman

If you pump enough of anything into rats, they will get cancer.

I use a chimney like thecfarm to get mine going. I just bough an egg about 3 weeks ago, and found an outfit over in Greenville that sells raw pizza. You walk in, tell them what you want, and they make it up right there in front of you. Reasonably priced and good. I fired up the egg, cooked one, and had a good breakfast this am.
Located due west of Due West.

SPIKER

Quote from: thecfarm on March 08, 2013, 09:56:29 AM
Norw,in that case yours is ready in 10 minutes.  ;D     By the way Norm,what happened,that meat on the grill looks kinda small for your style?????

Dont jump to conclusions, I heard his GRILL is made using 1" Bar Grating, a Steel Pool & logs that were too big for his mill to fire it... ;) :D

Ok J/K all looks really good.   I usually use my Weed Burner off the Propane Tank to fire my wood coals up.   We having Steaks tonight, though we stick to the smaller sized stuff usually .8~1lb package of choice cuts followed up with Baked Taters Broccoli and or corn/peas & carrots etc eat as much veggies as steak most times.

Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

Norm

I'm trying to cut back Ray, that was only 2#'s.... :D

thecfarm

SPIKER,veggies?? No way,too green for me.  ;D   Plus that takes up room for some good steak.

Yoopersaw

Quote from: Raider Bill on March 07, 2013, 04:08:53 PM

Smoked and grilled over charcoal for your viewing pleasure.

Bon Appetite  ;D

That looks good.

thecfarm

I did a search on the above topic. I found an interesting article that said,cook the meat so is is rare with the blood running out of it and it will kill any of the cancer making cells.  :D  :D    Well that's my theory anyway.    :D

Thank You Sponsors!