iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Under ground pipe

Started by Ivan49, March 06, 2013, 03:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ivan49

I have a problem, it started last year and this year it got worse. I had a g#### chipmonk or mouse chew into my line from my OWB and I have a area that is melting on the top. I put this in 7 years ago and all was fine until last year. I looked at it yesterday and they have a hole at ground level in the side of the PVC pipe so I am guessing it is full of water. The lines are wrapped with foam that was sold at the time for this purpose. Has anybody heard of this before. I guess it is open season this summer. I have new insulation that I bought for another use a few years ago all I have to do is get some 6 inch pipe as it slips inside and has a slit cut for each line. Only good thing about it is my line is only about 20 foot to the house bad thing is I cannot use my backhoe. Oh well Dr said I needed more exercise

beenthere

Sure sorry to hear that.
What is a "hole at ground level" ?  Do you have a pic of it?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

thecfarm

That is too bad. I wonder if some hardware cloth,rat wire wrapped around the pipe would do it next time. I hope they keep away from my lines. Always something.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ivan49

Quote from: beenthere on March 06, 2013, 06:59:43 PM
Sure sorry to hear that.
What is a "hole at ground level" ?  Do you have a pic of it?
It means where the pipe comes up to the furnace there is a hole level with the ground. I guess they did not want to step up to get into the hole :D

Thank You Sponsors!