iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

new tool...

Started by Woodkiller, March 03, 2013, 06:46:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodkiller

I have been needing to build a log arch for some time. I have a welder and several scrap pieces of metal. I started last Saturday and finished yesterday. I was impressed with how it works, and it sure is better than dirty logs. 8)

dblair

nice looking arch , it's a life saver isn't it .
old Appomattox Iron Works circle mill.

Ga Mtn Man

Nice job on that arch, Woodkiller.

Glad to see you figured out the pic posting thing. smiley_clapping smiley_clapping smiley_clapping smiley_clapping smiley_clapping smiley_clapping smiley_clapping

We'll be expecting many more. :)
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Peter Drouin

Now thats a nice job, good luck :)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Dave Shepard

That's what I like to see, a nice clean log coming out of the woods. I hate mudsicle logs. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

moandrich

woodmizer lt 40HD  2007
Kubota RTVX1100 2019
Kubota L3940   2009

Woodkiller

I love that mule. It is a lot stronger than most people think, not sure I would have made it out of the woods with the BEAST you have on yours. All the logs I have right now are in some BAD location. All of them are at a creek bottom.

bandmiller2

Moandrich,looking at the above picture I can't help but think if you made anouther arch and hooked it to the one you have,you'd have that log off the ground and lower friction.It would act like a wagon. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

justallan1

Very nice job, Woodkiller. I need to get one built and by looking at everyone elses I'm sure getting all of the details of what I want.
Allan

Magicman

Very nice.  One of these days....... :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fat olde elf

Good Work !  I really need one of those.. Sure wish I could weld.  Say your prayers.........
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

isawlogs

I think I prefer having the tail end drag some, having a log that size off the ground and pushing on the rear end of the mule might not be the best ride one would take,  just saying  :o :D :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

lowpolyjoe

That's a beauty Woodkiller!     Welding sure seems like a handy skill if you can throw something like that together :)

Thank You Sponsors!