iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

EAB Prevention

Started by southernilfarm, March 03, 2013, 03:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southernilfarm

Hello all,

We've got a very nice ash tree in our yard we don't want to lose.  In this effort, we have purchased a product made by Ferti Lome called "Tree and Shrub Systemic Insect Drench".  The nursery we purchased it from states it will prevent an EAB infestation, or kill EAB if they already are establised in a tree. 

We'll be using this product soon.  Anyone out there ever use this?  If so, what was the result?

Thanks,
Mike
Kioti DK40se HST with FEL and other cool attachments.

ArborJake

Do you know what the active ingrediant is. Should be on the label. I have used a chemical called Meritt. Its a very effective systemic but the studies put out by the ISA show mixed results in treating for EAB. Havn't seen or heard alot else about treatments that work.
thick and thin lumber company. qaulity manufacturer of saw dust and slab wood.

DonT

Treeazin is the treatment most used in Canada.It is a systemic approach as well.I am also curious to know if anyone has used the product you mention.How is it applied?  DonT

southernilfarm

Active Ingredients are

Imidacloprid, 1-{6-Chloro-3-pyridinyl} methyl - N-nitro-2 imidazolidinimine 1.47%

Thanks,
Mike

celliott

How is this applied? I was under the impression the only effective means to prevent EAB was to have pesticides injected into the tree.
Could be wrong though, wouldn't be the first time!
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

ohwc

The Michigan DNR has some very good information and links on their site. What you are using should work for prevention from what I have been reading.

southernilfarm

This product is applied in amounts based on diameter of trunks, added to water, and poured around tree.  Follow application with same amount of plain water in same area.  Supposed to last 12 months and claims to stop any existing infestation while preventing any new activity.  It was not cheap - $106.00 for 2.5 gallons. 

I'll be applying this in the next couple weeks.

Thanks,
Mike

Thank You Sponsors!