iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My Very First F.F. Video / our UNUSUAL 2nd Snow of 2013 / 3-02-2013

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, March 02, 2013, 02:25:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

We hardly EVER get snow in my area. Here is our 2nd snow of the year. I am learning this video thing using
I-Movie. Editing, background music, timing......not as easy as Jeff makes it look.
Hope you like it.....I got a headache making it. :)

Blow it up to full screen.....it looks better.

This snow came all at once this morning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a08p0L0B0lY
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

rockman

What??  No snowman??    :D    :snowman:

Nice job on the video David.

Kevin
kioti ck-20 loader backhoe, box blade, disk, log arch
Husqvarna 455 rancher
Lincoln Ranger 10,000 welder

Delawhere Jack

And the supermarkets sold out of bread and milk on news of the impending dusting err... BLIZZARD! :D

pep

David

I think you have some log lot management problems now. :)

No sign of spring here, over 4 ft.

Cheers

Pep

By the way, cool video.
Lucas 827 w/slabbing bar
JD 410B
Wood Wiz Surfacing Attachment

r.man

Nice video, we lost almost all our snow twice this year so you could drive in the fields in the middle of February which is unusual in the extreme. It did however make a strong come back and we now have large snowbanks, terrific snowmobiling and winter sports and I keep losing things that I forgot to stand up or cover because I had adopted my spring habits too early. If you miss having snow you should come into central Ontario in the winter.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Bibbyman

For some reason  your video won't play on my mobile device.  I could watch the other two videos but not this one.  Error message comes up saying owner has not made this video available to mobile devices.  I couldn't even subscribe to your channel.   :-\
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Bibbyman on March 02, 2013, 10:13:36 PM
For some reason  your video won't play on my mobile device.  I could watch the other two videos but not this one.  Error message comes up saying owner has not made this video available to mobile devices.  I couldn't even subscribe to your channel.   :-\

I'm learning Bib. I'll see what's up wit dat.  :)

Jeff

Usually the mobile device error comes from the music chosen. I've got a couple like that, and a few more where I had to change the music completely.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I just started trying to learn this You Tube thing Saturday.
I do not know....but it maybe a copyright thing with the song I used...it is possible.

I went into my channel that I set up Saturday, for the first time, and found I had not turned on all the "sharing" buttons I should have. I have now turned them on.

To make it more complicated, I googled your question Bibby, and got tons of people asking why their vids want play on mobile devices. OVER my head.

But I do have a total of 3 videos in my channel. 2 with no music and 1 with music.

Since I have turned my "share" buttons on, check it and see if your mobile device gets it now.  :)

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Update: Jeff maybe on to something.

I logged into my You Tube channel via I-Phone. When I try to play my vid, WITH MUSIC,  on my I-Phone through You Tube, it tells me this video is unavailable on this platform. However, I can play my other 2 vids without music. So it may be a music copyright thing. I don't know why I can't play it, I bought the song through I-Tunes.

Mooseherder

I was unable to view it from the IPad and from my PC running windows 8 but then was able to open it from the desktop bypassing windows 8.
Your homestead looks wonderful! :)

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Moose, when you were viewing it.....were you viewing it through YOU TUBE? or the FF?

I can view it through the FF on my I-phone, I-Pad and my Mac, it's just when I go to You Tube and try to view it through my channel, it want let me view it on my I-Phone.
It says, "unavailable on this platform". And it says this on JUST the video with the music.  say_what

Thanks for the compliment Moose!  :)

Mooseherder

Each time trying to view it was within the FF post and not signed into youtube.
That particular time I could view it with my PC in desktop mode.

Bibbyman

When I fire it off it opens up my YouTube. Still does not work on tablet. Works on phone but it plays on the forum.

Did you go back to your original post and put in a new URL?

If our are excited about snow, you'd turn inside out if you got the snow we got in the past week.  First snow was 11". Second 12".  I've burned 2 tanks of diesel in the Telex clearing it from drive and lot.
Sawing since '94

DeepWoods

Jeff is right, it is a copywrite issue.  I had this video posted on YouTube with a song that was copy written, and it will not play on an iPad while on YouTube. I changed the song, and it would.  I liked my original song better, and the people that I shot the video for we're going to watch it on there PC, so it wasn't a problem for them.

http://youtu.be/sKhxtP-06N4
Norwood LM2000 with 23 HP Briggs and 21 foot track, Hand Built Logging Arch, Cooks Cat Claw Sharpener and Setter. 48" Xtreme Duty Logrite Cant Hook.

Mooseherder

I was able watch your video through the FF on Windows 8 instead of Desktop mode I had to use for Poston's.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Bibbyman on March 03, 2013, 10:55:08 AM

Did you go back to your original post and put in a new URL?

I didn't change anything in my original post. I just copied and pasted from my Channel.

And your 12" of snow ON TOP of the already 11" of snow you got....I'd go NUTS!  :)

Jeff

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on March 03, 2013, 09:45:21 AM
Update: Jeff maybe on to something.

I logged into my You Tube channel via I-Phone. When I try to play my vid, WITH MUSIC,  on my I-Phone through You Tube, it tells me this video is unavailable on this platform. However, I can play my other 2 vids without music. So it may be a music copyright thing. I don't know why I can't play it, I bought the song through I-Tunes.

More than maybe. It is. You bought the right to listen to the music, not to republish it.  :D   There are a ton of songs that will happen with. Most times, they simply start serving ads on your youtube video instead of removing the music. Some times, they just remove it, sometimes they remove it for certain countries and or applications.  Youtube has a pretty good selection of songs to replace your sound track, but its never as good as your fist choice.

Bibbyman

I've been downloading music from Music Paradise. Since I'm not paying, I'm assuming the music is public domain.  Right?
Sawing since '94

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Thanks Jeff.....now you have answered another question that came up a year ago with me.
I have the Apple D.J. app where I can take music out of my i-tunes library, put it on virtual turntables and play and mix music like I did when I was a D.J. As I select my songs, I can change BPM, add sounds, etc. and save my mix to play at get togethers or parties. When I do this there are a BUNCH of songs that WILL NOT even let me record them to my mix.......I can put them on my turntable but it says this song is "protected" from re-mix.

Now I understand. And I learned in on the F.F.  :)

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Bibbyman on March 03, 2013, 03:07:15 PM
I've been downloading music from Music Paradise. Since I'm not paying, I'm assuming the music is public domain.  Right?

Some music, very few is free. Unless it is a site where people share music to each other. I had tons of music on albums, cassettes, 45's and even 8-track ;D.
I finally had to get all my music through i-tunes.

There are some places to get free music but I really don't think its legal. At one time they were cracking down on free music downloads pretty hard. I knew a guy they caught downloading free music and the ASCAP POLICE came and took his sawmill.  :D :D :D

doctorb

My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: doctorb on March 03, 2013, 03:21:42 PM
You were a DJ?   Now that may explain a lot! ;D ;D

I was Lip syncing and ego tripping.....style'n and profiling.....I'd make your bladder chatter, and your liver quiver.......playing the hits while you eat your Grits.  :D :D :D :D :D

Jeff

Quote from: Bibbyman on March 03, 2013, 03:07:15 PM
Wrong. Just because something is made available to you in one way does not make it yours to do as you want with.

Bibbyman

I've looked for the music you spoke of on YouTube and have not been able to find it. I need a clue.
Sawing since '94

petefrom bearswamp

Great video.
Nice bird houses.
I am envious of the size of your log yard.
Pete
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Jeff

Quote from: Bibbyman on March 04, 2013, 08:44:19 AM
I've looked for the music you spoke of on YouTube and have not been able to find it. I need a clue.

go into your video manager, and select edit for the video you would like to work with. when you get to the editing page, above the video you will see an audio option.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Jeff got me to digging around in You Tube. I found I was sent a copyright notice, below.

The bad thing is, I thought my phone had a problem by not playing my video. So I wiped it clean and re-installed everything again. This took a while. I still couldn't play the vid on my phone.
:D :D :D Should have listened to Jeff to begin with......DanG it!  :D :D :D

****************************************************************************************
2nd Snow, March 2nd, 2013
Your video may include music that is owned by a third party.

Your video is blocked in some countries.

Here are the details:

"Scotty McCreery-Let It Snow", sound recording administered by:
UMG
To learn more about how claims impact your videos click here.

***************************************************************************************

Bibbyman

Quote from: Jeff on March 04, 2013, 09:49:19 AM
Quote from: Bibbyman on March 04, 2013, 08:44:19 AM

go into your video manager, and select edit for the video you would like to work with. when you get to the editing page, above the video you will see an audio option.

You mean the YouTube video editor?  I use the one that comes with Windows or android.
I've never used  the youtube editor.  I'm not a fan  of music on videos anyway. 
Sawing since '94

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Bib, I can change the format in my i-tunes library that tells me which songs are protected or not. I just learned that today, but you have to have the D.J. app. I have never seen the songs in You Tube either but I will keep looking.

Thank You Sponsors!