iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Central Boiler Prices

Started by southernilfarm, February 28, 2013, 10:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southernilfarm

Folks,

Is it appropriate to discuss prices of OWBs here?   I'd like to post what I'm being given locally for prices and see what you all are paying around the country.  This approach helped me with tractor buying.  Please advise.

Thanks,
Mike
Kioti DK40se HST with FEL and other cool attachments.

doctorb

My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Ianab

Generally it's not against the rules to discuss the price of things.  As long as the post isn't a stealth advertisement...

Ian

Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

southernilfarm

Okay, here we go...

I'm looking at the Central Boiler

E-2400 for $12107.00 plus fittings, piping, and whatnot
CL6048 for $9174.00 plus stuff
CL7260 for $15666 plus stuff

I am astonished at the cost of these boilers.

Nature's Comfort 325 for $8478.00

Huge price difference between Central Boiler and Nature's Comfort.  I don't know why other than CB is very well established and NC is not.

Thoughts? 

doctorb

Keep watch on CB's web site.  They do have periodic sales.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

thecfarm

I brought a Heatmor about 5 years ago. For once in my life I brought at the right time. Steel prices went way up about a year or 2 after I brought mine. That's one reason why they are so high now. You will go just about crazy trying to figure out what brand is better,due it to the type of steel that is used,the thinkness,stainless steel comes into play. Some have more features than others and so on and so on.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

r.man

CB is the big name on the block now. If price is an issue it is possible to buy used, I have known a few to go on the market because the new owner of a house did not want wood heat. Saw a 5 yr old sold this past fall, 1000 dollars for the stove, circ pump, coil, sidearm and associated valves and inside pipes. The in ground pipes were offered as well but it was an older installation very close to the house. Some people are also rebuilding older stoves so that might be a viable option in some places.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

stratford 50

In Northern NH a re-built e- classic 2300 done by the factory sells for 6500.00 according to my dealer.This a used furnace.

Logging logginglogging

I bought mine used for less than half price.... the origional owner paid 14k... but after 1 heating season he sold it...he was old and dident like dealing with wood, and had plenty of money to take such a loss. I dont have a warentee... but any problems i just fix my self and its been great!!! so my stove only had one heating season on it so to me thats like new... and have no problems... ask around about used ones or trade ins.

hockeyguy

Keep your eye out for end of season sales, similar to what car dealers offer.  I bought my 2009 e2300 in the spring of 2010 for about $1600.00 less than the 2010's were selling for.
This combined with a $1500.00 tax credit on biomass that  year made for a sweet deal.
Like thecfarm said, for once in my life I bought at the right time.
Good luck!

thecfarm

hockeyguy,I forgot about that. I brought a "Last Year" model too. I feel that a new OWB is just like a new tractor,way too high in price. But if you want one you have to pay the price.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

southernilfarm

Thanks for the info folks.

I'm probably going with Central Boiler E-Classic (size undetermined) due to the very good dealer and testimony of friends who own them.  Will watch for a spring sale as we don't really need this thing until next winter. 

I got a very good value in my tractor by watching rebates, timing the purchase, and paying cash.  I hope to be able to repeat this process with the wood boiler. 

Now, how can I call this a "farm expense"....?  Will call the CPA!

boilerman101

Southern Farm, your timing looks great.
I just took a look at the centralboiler.com website and I see they have a Spring rebate sale on right now.
Is also says Eclassics qualify for a $300 tax credit.
I'm into 3rd heating season with my Eclassic 2400 and so far I love it!
Great furnace and I have a great dealer too.

Thank You Sponsors!