iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

This cant's not square...I DONT CARE!

Started by m wood, February 28, 2013, 06:00:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m wood

First wood I've sawd into.  I'll figure out the setworks soon enough.  Just too excited about the blade turning and the sawdust flying!  Brought a mini whack home in the 4x4 and leveled the mill off in a sleet shower...did I care!? ;D

]
I am Mark
80 acre woodlot lots of hard and soft
modified nissan 4x4/welding rig
4x4 dodge plow truck
cat 931b track loader
Norwood mark IV
4' peavy
6' peavy
stihl 034
"her" wildthing limber saw
ALL the rustic furniture  woodworking stuff
check out FB

millstead

Congratulations on the first wood you've sawn. Now you won't be able to stop sawing

drobertson

Nothing like seeing the dust fly for the first time!  happy for you,  david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

AdamT

I'll always remember the weekend I brought my mill home, almost 2 years ago. It was probably the wettest weekend of the year. Rain,rain and more rain mixed with rain! But I didn't care either, so I know what you mean. 

Congratulations on the mill, and keep having fun!
2017 Wood-Mizer LT40HDD35-RA
2011 Wood-Mizer LT40 HD

It's better to have it and not need it then it is to need it and not have it

sigidi

Good onya Mark, well done mate. It is a very different feeling, unlike anything else and certainly something that is more addictive than many banned substances  8) ;D ;)
Always willing to help - Allan

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Nice going Mark.....however, you do have to sleep sometime.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

ND rancher

I still remember that feeling.............It seems like it was only a few months ago.......................Oh it was just a few months ago. smiley_bounce 8)  Have fun! I am when I get to make sawdust.    Keith
TimberKing B-20.  Have been bitten by the bug! Loving life !

francismilker

It don't matter if it's square or not, it's yours and it'll do!!!!

Some of the first few cants I turned out were more diamond shaped than square.  It added character to the first few benches I made and folks actually thought I planned it that way. 8)
"whatsoever thy hands finds to do; do it with thy might" Ecc. 9:10

WM LT-10supergo, MF-271 w/FEL, Honda 500 Foreman, Husq 550, Stihl 026, and lots of baling wire!

Chuck White

Making sawdust has a soothing affect on sawyers!  8)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

All back together again. I hope I did not ask all ready,what's the plan for the lumber,after you get it all leveled up?  ;D  A mill is nice thing to have.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

m wood

Poston, a calmness has come back to me just like Chuck said, I'm sleeping again!  :)  Yes Francismilker, Diamond is what came off the mill and I've already thought about where/how to use it.  :D  Blue stain throughout so still thinking. Cfarm, I got out of the game for a while but it's time to dust off the shop tools and begin building more rustic furnishings again (check out the facebook link).  Was gonna build log home on the lot, but probably tending towards cottage style empty nester style on the acreage now.

Thanks guys.
mark
I am Mark
80 acre woodlot lots of hard and soft
modified nissan 4x4/welding rig
4x4 dodge plow truck
cat 931b track loader
Norwood mark IV
4' peavy
6' peavy
stihl 034
"her" wildthing limber saw
ALL the rustic furniture  woodworking stuff
check out FB

Magicman

I say congratulations and Happy Sawing.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

dboyt

Congratulations.  Do something special with those first boards.  You've got a lot of sawing ahead of you.  Nice mill.  Boards will square off on the jointer.
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

petefrom bearswamp

Square cants? we don't need stinking square cants.
Congrats on the mill.
MAKE SAWDUST
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Tim Lea

Congrats let the dust fly smiley_clapping

Thank You Sponsors!