iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Can you imagine the future of the logging truck. Hopefully.

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, February 26, 2013, 05:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

TOO COOL!!!!

With this car Volkswagen has revolutionized the automobile industry in
China.

This really is revolutionary and modifies all the concepts that we've had
for years that a vehicle is driven by a motor which always rolled.

This car has no wheels--IT'S IN THE AIR!

We know it will take some years to become popular, but the prototype    works
perfectly.

VW- China- will produce hundreds of thousands just to supply the    Chinese
market....

There are    plans to introduce in the United States and Europe in 2013 and in

South America later.

Click on the link, or copy and paste and watch full screen and prepare to be amazed!

I find this easier to look at -- if you turn off the sound and just read
what it says.

http://www.flixxy.com/volkswagen-levitating-car.htm
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

giant splinter

The last place I would expect any auto manufacturer to introduce a prototype of that sort. I am wondering is this is some sort of a joke type move, I would sure like to see some specifications on this rig.
Very interesting in any case, Thanks David for sharing.
roll with it

Paul_H

I got that in a email a few weeks ago and did some googling and it seems to be a concept only as well as needing a magnetic field in the roadway.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

beenthere

:D :D :D
This should be in the Jokes thread. 
;)
Amazing what they can do with the digital vids now.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Ron Wenrich

Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

justallan1

I don't know, maybe if it were remote with GPS for places like Disneyland or something like that.
Just my thoughts,
Allan

wheelinguy

Did anyone else notice the soda can that moved out of the way when the car cornered?  I believe that aluminum is non ferrous, therefore it shouldn't be affected by the magnets? :D

Ianab

They forgot to say it only works on the planet Pandora, which has plentiful deposits of Unobtanium...   :D
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Sonofman

Yeah, I did notice the can. I was wondering if it was a steel can or if there was actually some sort of air curtain effect that was driving the car. Does not seem like there was the air curtain, as nothing else was blowing around. I am still curious about the can, however. If it is steel, then that might explain it. The car is pushing against ferous metal in the roadway like a maglev train does, this makes the can be pushed against. Does this make sense?
Located due west of Due West.

beenthere

Does this make sense?  ::)

Does anyone think this was a real video of something really happening? Not I, for sure. ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: beenthere on February 27, 2013, 07:54:27 PM
Does this make sense?  ::)

Does anyone think this was a real video of something really happening? Not I, for sure. ;)

This car is REAL. One day your Little Green tractor will have no wheels.  ;D

FOLLOW: Video, Flying Cars, Google Car, People's Car Project, People's Car Project China, Flying Car, Google Self-Driving Car, Hover Car, Hovercraft, Slideexpand, Volkswagen, Volkswagen People's Car Project, Volkswagen Flying Car, Volkswagen Hover Car, Volkswagon Hover Car, Vw Flying Car, Vw Hover Car, Technology News

The days of the hovercraft are upon us. As Google's self-driving cars prepare to roll out onto the streets of Nevada, Volkswagen one-ups everyone with its concept design for a hover car.

The Volkswagen hover car is a product of the "People's Car Project" in China, which called upon customers to contribute design ideas for Volkswagen's model of the future.

The crowd-sourcing initiative debuted in China last year and, to date, has inspired 33 million website visitors to submit 119,000 ideas.

The hovercraft, as seen in the concept video above, uses electromagnetic levitation to float along its own grid above the regular road network; distance sensors keep the craft from colliding with other vehicles. The disc-shaped pod seats two people and is controlled by a joystick that offers amazing maneuverability. The car can move both back-and-forth and side-to-side and can even spin on an axis. To top it off, the concept car produces zero emissions.

Along with the hover car concept, Volkswagen presented two other ideas from the "People's Car Project" at the 2012 Beijing Auto Show. Though the hover car is by far the coolest, the music car, which causes the exterior color of the car to change with the driver's choice of music, is a close second. Volkswagen also debuted an advanced touchscreen smart key that features information about crucial vehicle functions.

Volkswagen Director of Marketing Luca de Meo told the audience that the innovative ideas derived from the crowd-sourcing project mark the beginning of a new era.

"We are no longer just building cars for, but also with customers and at the same time initiating a national dialog which gives us a deep insight into the design preferences, needs and requirements of Chinese customers," de Meo said during the event.

beenthere

Ok, if
Quote"concept design for a hover car"

and
Quote"design ideas"
Quote"the concept video "
Quote"the innovative ideas derived from the crowd-sourcing project"

make it real, then I will back down (but I still don't think it is real, and won't be)   ;D
south central Wisconsin

POSTON WIDEHEAD

If I ever get one of these cars......which I seriously doubt.......but IF I do........I will pick you up in Wisconsin and take you to the PIG ROAST.  :D That would make me HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY.  :D

JuniperBoss

It is so obvious to me that the video is ''fake'' so to speak. Very realistic animation though.
"The three great essentials to achieve anything worthwhile are, first, hard work; second, stick-to-itiveness; third, common sense." --- Thomas Edison

beenthere

south central Wisconsin

Ron Wenrich

What got me was the blue glow underneath the pod.  What was that all about?

Zero emissions?  The energy for the electromagnetic fields has to be produced someplace. 
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Den Socling

Ron, in the ideal world, everything would be powered with electricity. All the electricity would come from solar and wind generators.
The clip was pretty cool but obviously fake. They used "plain" streets with no grid.
A few years ago I built an air castor to move wood into vacuum kilns. It was 24' long, 80" wide and carried 8000 BF. It was a nice set up but you had to be careful. Since it floated in the air, you could easily get it moving but steering and stopping 50,000+ lbs isn't so easy. I added guide wheels and a brake that could be dropped in an emergency. Another thing was floors that weren't perfectly level. The castor would slide down hill.

Brucer

As for the can ...

Copper isn't magnetic either, but put a loop of it in a magnetic field and move it, and it will generate an electric current. Or ... put an electric current through it and it will generate a magnetic field.

So if you put a metallic object in a moving magnetic field, you can get a current flowing in the object, which in turn creates it's own magnetic field, which causes it to react to the original field.

You won't get this effect unless the original magnetic field is moving, though.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

talldog

I wonder how it would work on top of 2 feet of snow? Could I put a plow on it?

Thank You Sponsors!