iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

worst than waiting on Christmas as a kid

Started by Po-Jo, February 26, 2013, 12:59:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Po-Jo

I had saved all my pennies and put in an order with Ed Zimmerman for an EZ boardwalk jr. , everything is a go , EXCEPT the weather, Ed told me they are getting hit with a snow storm where he lives and waiting to see if a truck can get in for the pick-up,,,now we are topping the 13" mark on the rain gauge for the month of Febuary with another storm moving in tonight, as it stands even if the delivery truck was magically able to show at my place tomorrow, he could not deliver, I live down a 3 mile dirt / no make that a 3 mile swamp mud river road :-\ ,, oh well it will take some time for things to dry out here anyway.

hackberry jake

You are going to love the jr! The worst thing about the jr is the name. There is nothing "jr" about this mill. It will handle 30" logs and make 24" boards. I have actually made a couple 26" boards by removing the movable guide wheel, just go slow and it will cut straight and true. As comparison, the woodmizer lt40 will handle around a 36" log and cut a 26" board. That's not much bigger than the jr. Congrats and I hope the wait goes by fast  8)
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

customsawyer

Congrats on the mill. You won't never be the same.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

dboyt

Can you cut some logs and float them down the road to the mill site while you're waiting?  There've been times when I could have sworn the logs were just floating in the mud.  'Course that doesn't do your blades any good.  Congrats on the new mill.  Got cypress down your way?  I just noticed your post was about 1:00 a.m.  Can't sleep thinking about the mill?  It'll get there!
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

slider

Wheres Newington PO-JO ? I can't be far from you because you just described it here.Good luck on the new mill.
al glenn

Magicman

Congrats on the sawmill, Po-Jo.  The wait will be worth it.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

justallan1

Congrats on the new mill, Po-Jo.
Hug the wife and kids, because they won't see you for awhile now :D
Allan

justinmay1982

Congradulations on your new mill! you and I are in the same boat right now. I Just got myself an Ez Boardwalk 40 and can not wait to run it. Winter is fighting me making everthing difficult. You will not be dissapointed with the Ez Boardwalk its a great mill. I am hoping to run mine today if everything goes well. SUPER EXCITED!  8) 8)

thecfarm

Po-Jo,Congrats on the new mill. What's all the lumber going to be used for?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Po-Jo

1 am because I have bat hours for my so called day job (swing  / midnight shift 1930-0530)

I am located half way between Statesboro and the SC line, but with all this rain I feel like I am swimming in the middle of the Ogeechee river

Gonna use the lumber for barns , shop, and eventually for the house,,,,, and to build an ARK  ;D

Po-Jo

thanks for the congrats but I know I am green to the extreme and have a LOT of learning to do for sure, will definitely be asking all you experienced fellers for some help on the issues I will be running into 

customsawyer

When you get the mill let me know as I may have to come over and look at it since I haven't seen a E-Z boardwalk up close.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Tim Lea

hackberry jake

Quote from: customsawyer on February 26, 2013, 09:43:27 AM
When you get the mill let me know as I my have to come over and look at it since I haven't seen a E-Z boardwalk up close.
Come on down here, I'll show you mine! Ps don't forget to bring the 70, I'll have a few logs you can demonstrate your mill with  ;D
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

slider

I may want to tag along ,never saw a ez up close.
al glenn

WDH

Quote from: slider on February 26, 2013, 12:13:50 PM
I may want to tag along ,never saw a ez up close.

I will tag along with the Pro's if that is OK   :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Happycamper

Po-Jo,
Enjoy the new mill, the ark will be the most fun for you.
Wether you think you can or you can't you're right

Po-Jo

Custom I see you are just right up the road,  shoot I need to come see you and see how the pro's do it. When I get set-up I'll have to do the get together 

WDH

We got a big honking  smiley_devil (pecan) log to saw, which we will do on Jake's LT70.  I don't think that we need to scare the EZ with this one  :D.

Red Clay Hound

Po-Jo, I know your area well.  I lived in Bulloch County for 23 years, from 1982 till 2005.  Knew quite a few folks in Screven County.  I've been living near Athens since I left SE Georgia.  Looking forward to seeing some pictures when you finally get your mill! 8)

Danny, what are you planning to do with that log.  I thought pecan was the  smiley_devil!  Sounds like you need to make up your mind.  teeter_totter

2007 Wood-Mizer LT40 Super Hydraulic with 51 hp. Cat; 2007 Wood-Mizer EG200 Twin Blade Edger; Woodmaster 718 Molder/Planer; Stihl MS460 and MS362 Chainsaws; 2011 John Deere 5065 with JD 553 Loader

WDH

Tony,

What needs to happen is for you to come down and help saw this  smiley_devil  :D.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on February 27, 2013, 08:49:44 PM
Tony,

What needs to happen is for you to come down and help saw this  smiley_devil  :D.

Don't do it Tony.......They'd work you so hard, you'd have to eat 4 chickens just to get your strength back. ;D
This is an old Georgia trick they've used on a lot of people.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Red Clay Hound

Quote from: WDH on February 27, 2013, 08:49:44 PM
Tony,

We might be able to arrange that. :)
Poston, I know how to slack off if the situation calls for it. smiley_mellow
2007 Wood-Mizer LT40 Super Hydraulic with 51 hp. Cat; 2007 Wood-Mizer EG200 Twin Blade Edger; Woodmaster 718 Molder/Planer; Stihl MS460 and MS362 Chainsaws; 2011 John Deere 5065 with JD 553 Loader

Po-Jo

I have seen a few of those pecan trees, my inlaws are 4th generation pecan farmers, looking out my front door back 2010 freak snow storm

Thank You Sponsors!