iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Peterbuilt log truck...

Started by Woodhauler, February 25, 2013, 06:46:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

Crashedtoys .com has a 97 pete with prentice loader in P.A for bid. 8400 bucks right now! Looks like a heck of a deal!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Woodhauler

Wish i was closer, might be something a guy could make a buck on!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

DigDug

Ya, looks like it has good potential. 

justincase

Hard to tell what happened to that thing. Hit on both sides. Loader and body worth that! Wish it was closer. Bought my skidder sight unseen from down there in PA But this one is too risky.

CTL logger

I live about 40 min from where this is I know who owned the truck it was rolled over loaded on a highway a quarter mile from their shop.

justincase

Salvage rollovers are too risky. How long the engine ran while on it's side would worry me.

CTL logger

Between the moron who drove it and the guy who owned it, wouldn't say their was a stellar maintenance program at that place either. On top of how long it ran laying on it's side. These guys had a western star back in 94 they were winching up a hill cable or choker broke truck rolled down hill broke the frame, said it was western stars fault sued them for a new truck and won. Oh and the driver was pulling the truck alone with skidder. They didn't mention that part of the story.

justincase

Guess I am not in a big hurry for a road trip to PA.

Woodhauler

Still worth the money. Had to be a easy lay down. Both windsheilds are whole.

deastman

Doesnt look all that bad, frame doesnt look bent and the cab looks ok
Samsung 130 LCM-3 with Fabtek 4-roller and Cat 554 forwarder, Cat EL 180 excavator, Cat D3C dozer, Cat D7E dozer, '92 Ford LTL 9000 dump, Easy-2-Load 25 Ton tag-a-long, current project under construction: '91 Peterbilt 379 with a Hood 8000 w/extenda-boom loader

acl2

Its up over 10,000 now, still seems like a deal though, judging by the pictures anyway. Who knows what it may look like in person

Woodhauler

Quote from: acl2 on February 26, 2013, 06:05:15 PM
Its up over 10,000 now, still seems like a deal though, judging by the pictures anyway. Who knows what it may look like in person
I would say crazyman must have looked at it, he has been bidding from the start.

loggah

If his "Jake" was on the engine would have quit running immediately if it were upside down.  Dont  ask me how i know!! Don
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

psuaxeman

CTL Logger, sounds like you know these guys pretty well. Thats unfortunate.  :D

CTL logger

Don't know them personally, just know when ya talk to him the hair on the back of your neck stands up. I see it sold for 16200 I was watching it and the auction site added extra time twice thought that was strange?

beenthere

Did crazyman get it?

If not, then crazyman was likely just pushing up the bid and had a personal interest in the money it brought in. Especially if extra time was added. But whoever bid last and paid for it was responsible for their own actions, regardless.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

CTL logger

Thank You Sponsors!