iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wartime Farm

Started by Paul_H, February 25, 2013, 11:21:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul_H

Has anybody else watched this facinating series or the others such as Victorian Farm or Edwardian Farm?

Wartime Farm link

Very well done and a fun look into the almost forgotten technology from our recent past.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Dave Shepard

I watched ep. 1 last night. I've seen the other two series. I was going to start a topic last night, but forgot. I really like these shows. Haven't been able to watch Green Valley yet.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

thecfarm

I will have to see if I get that channel.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Paul_H

I ordered the whole series on DVD for $60 delivered.We'll watch some of it this winter and then again next winter.It's sort of like reading seed catalogues in the dead of winter as a tonic against the long dark nights.

I haven't seen the Green Valley but will watch for it. Any other similar shows out there?

Dave Shepard

Where did you get the DVDs, and what zone are they for? I didn't think they would play on North American DVD players.

I've seen Victorian Farm and Edwardian Farm. I don't know if they have done any others. Ruth Goodman also did a series, it was either Victorian or Edwardian Pharmacy.

I just finished episode 4 of Wartime Farm.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

clww

I looked at the site, and found it very interesting. How many DVDs are in the set you ordered, Paul H?
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Paul_H

Dave and clww,

The format is region 2 or PAL  and the set I ordered includes The Victorian Farm, Edwardian Farm & Wartime Farm (9 Discs)
London Drugs near us has a compatible player for under $50 and that is the route we'll go,we couldn't find another source for the series so it will be worth it and we can use it for other shows that the BBC may have.

Thank You Sponsors!