iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ice fishing, first pike

Started by drobertson, February 23, 2013, 09:44:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drobertson

/www.forestryforum.com/gallery/albums/userpics/30023/17582_10200437352993989_1703476072_n.jpg[/img] 

only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Jay C. White Cloud

"To posses an open mind, is to hold a key to many doors, and the ability to created doors where there were none before."

"When it is all said and done, they will have said they did it themselves."-teams response under a good leader.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

drobertson

:D :D :D  Never thought about that one, but yea, your right, not sure what they did, knowing Caitlin, lil fish went back in, most likely so did the Pike,  I am so happy for them, they have been trying so hard to find the honey hole, looks like they may have,  ice there is around 8"'s
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on February 23, 2013, 10:41:03 AM
Fish cakes!

Here we go again.  :)

Tell Caitlin no fish is to small. Around here, if it's big enough to go on a biscuit......its a keeper.  food6
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

Fish cake biscuits are real nice  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

clww

Great story and pictures! :) Something we don't get the opportunity to do here in VA.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

drobertson

Just got word from son in law, 18" bass, bout the same pike,  foot of snow, on top of foot of ice, must be the secret,  had to modify, no pics it did not happen!

Heading up next week, hope the ice is still there, 

Chuck White

Can't keep Bass here in NY this time of year.

The season opens in June and I think it closes in Sept.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

doctorb

Same is true in Maryland and Ontario, as the regs are set up to protect the spawn.  Bass season closes December 31 in MD, and around the 3rd week of October in Ontario.  I would be vey surprised if the bass season in NY closes in September.  That is very, very early and one would miss a lot of great fall fishing.  Anyway....nice fish!
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

drobertson

Yep, these were catch and release!  still a good day aye, the lad is learning where to go, too bad this next week will most likely be to warm for the ice, me and the misses, are going up for a quick visit,

beenthere

Last winters' thread, but thought it appropriate for a video on ice fishing in MN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXPCkTkovhg&list=UUJbRlhmKssvK_XN36CbJUsg
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

WmFritz

:D :D :D I had to turn the furnace up after watching that one.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

SPIKER

Just a few min ago, one of my high school buddies posted a Ice Fishing link on FB guy setting on his bucket and a Orca Whale comes up and get him lol

Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

Chuck White

Quote from: doctorb on March 08, 2013, 08:03:37 AM
Same is true in Maryland and Ontario, as the regs are set up to protect the spawn.  Bass season closes December 31 in MD, and around the 3rd week of October in Ontario.  I would be vey surprised if the bass season in NY closes in September.  That is very, very early and one would miss a lot of great fall fishing.  Anyway....nice fish!

You're right Doc!  :-[

New York Regs:
Black Bass/Largemouth/Smallmouth 3rd Saturday in June through November 30, 12" minimum limit 5 per day

December 1 - Friday preceding the 3rd Saturday in June  Catch and release only - Artificial lures only
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

ksks

I started to cry a little...

Pike, 12" of snow, foot of ice...in MO.  Say it aint so.

Then, after I wipe my eyes, I figured you must be up north on vacation.

I'm in WI and can't wait the few years until I move out of this, and back down to MO.
Striving to be average!

thecfarm

A pond just down the road from me,someone put some Northern Pike into it.  ::)  :o I have heard they are catching pike 3 feet long through the ice.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

clww

Now wouldn't that be getting close to the size of a Muskie?
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

gspren

Quote from: clww on January 02, 2014, 09:16:30 AM
Now wouldn't that be getting close to the size of a Muskie?
Not through the ice but I've seen and caught pike over 40" up in Quebec. We ate the 24-28 inchers, bigger and smaller were let go unless hurt. Good eating!
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

thecfarm

clww,asking me about a Muskie? I have no idea what a Muskie is and I have never tounched a pike either. My sleding buddy just put his ice shark down there. I would like to go down and visit.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

I could stand some fried walleye right now  :)

Red Good

Miss my buddy , commercial fisherman on lake manitoba, used to stop by the shop with a small bag of pickeral cheeks a couple of times a years . Very yummy !
Stihl 211C saw
Massey 135 deisel tractor with a front loader
Can Am 800 max quad
2001 Chev S10 pick me up
Home made log arch

Thank You Sponsors!