iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

MDS mid rail support

Started by dgdrls, February 23, 2013, 07:39:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dgdrls

Found this on Youtube,  the center support is genius.
I have never seen one before,  there is no vertical movement
in the saw head at all. Does anyone know if this is
a factory piece of the work of a dedicated miller?

DGDrls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J75mE09oLM

DanG

Unless it is something new, that is not a factory rig.  More likely it is the work of a frustrated, innovative M.D. owner who doesn't have an owners manual.  In that manual is an instruction for making a "track rider shoe" which can be used to dampen track bounce when needed.  It is a whole lot simpler than that one, and quite effective.  On the rare occasions when I needed something like that, I just used a bottle jack and a block of wood.  After the first couple of passes, the end of the edger shaft riding on the cant eliminates track bounce anyway. ;)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

dgdrls

I knew you would find this post DanG.

thanks for the input,  the longer I go without a mill
the more time I have to learn about the ins and outs
of portable circle mills.

DGDrls

DanG

I'm glad you asked this question because thinking about the answer gave me an idea. :)  I was messing with my boat trailer the other day, and the tongue jack on it was fresh on my mind.  When I get back to milling, I'll look into mounting one of them on the track to roll along one of the cross members.  For about $25, they have the wheel, height adjustment, and a swing-away lock all built in.  8) 8) 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Thank You Sponsors!