iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timber thieves

Started by GATreeGrower, February 22, 2013, 09:58:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GATreeGrower

No respect for a tree.  Little punks.  :)

thecfarm

They cut the stumps kinda high too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

Yeah, they just won't listen.  And, they are sneaky, working a lot at night  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Peter Drouin

Kids with a an ax , you might find the fort some where  :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Jay C. White Cloud

Lunch is served, and we will use the leftovers to build something with.... :D :D :D
"To posses an open mind, is to hold a key to many doors, and the ability to created doors where there were none before."

"When it is all said and done, they will have said they did it themselves."-teams response under a good leader.

colincb183

I've heard those little punks don't taste half bad  :D

justinmay1982

Beaver Stew mhh mhh good  ;D

Peter Drouin

Ya beaver I was thinking kids ::) :D :D long day
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

coxy

beaver back straps yum the other red meat   thay are a pain but make good fishing holes and dont need permits for any thing not fair :D  8)

James Arsenault

I've assassinated thousands of the little timber thieves, and more spring up in their place. Put the steel bling to 'em, wrist cuffs and necklaces, then coax them into the fur shed where they get denuded. Then off to Canada their once outside coverings  go, via NAFA fur auction, albeit just a shadow of their former self. Then on to China they go, usually.

So, I transfer them from timber thieves to world travelers.

Once denuded, the part that stays put has uses of it's own. Young ones ain't shabby in gravy over rice. Big ones, I have a line of bear and coyote hunters who can't get their hands on enough carcasses for bait. Glands called "castors" have value too, sometimes quite a bit.

Lots of uses for timber theives.

Boys with axes are treated a little gentler. They only lose what hide gets switched off as they are running away.  8)

Claybraker

Looks like they targeted the high value sweetgum.

WDH

I believe that it is the high value willow  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Dom

We have the same thieves! Last Fall they had the nerves to fall a tree across the road during hunting season. Luckily I had my axe and buck saw.

Happycamper

Heard  group of them talking the other day about ordering some new Stihls while there on sale.
                            Jim

Wether you think you can or you can't you're right

chuckthompson

It's a doggone EPIDEMIC, I tell you.... ;D  Wonder if it's the same gang travelling around or if they're operating independently.  Where are they "fencing" the stolen goods??? :D

treefarmer87

I had some doing the same in my 6acre lake, they were plugging the downspout and made the water go up considerably, so I had to take care of them
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

WDH

Did you make them an offer they could not refuse  ???  :D.

CX3

A small inexpensive item commonly called a "330" should fare you well!
John 3:16
You Better Believe It!

treefarmer87

1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

UN Hooker

These got caught red handed!  ;D

Retired Toolmaker/Moldmaker
C-4 & C5D TF - 5500 Iron Mule - Restored 4400 Ford Ind. FEL ex Backhoe w/custom built boom w/Valby 360* grapple w/18' reach - 920 Cat w/bucket & forks w/clamp - Peterson 10" WPF - LT-15 - Cooks Catsclaw & Dual tooth setter - many Husky saws

coxy

nice buggy   beavers to ;D :D

chain

Just wait until you get  fish 'thieves', along with the timber thieves. Our neighbor thought someone was seining or trapping fish from his pond, cameras showed a family of fish thieves.

treefarmer87

i got a "fish thief" about 2-3 weeks ago, another has moved in and took his place
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

lumberjack48

I moved in to a nice stand of Aspen, there was about 3' of snow. I waded out to start falling before the skidder got there, i fell a tree and it knocked three other trees down. So then i started looking, i was standing among about a 100 precut trees. The timber thieves had beat me there, they were waiting for a good wind to blow their produce down. I got out of there before i got killed, it was one big booby trap.
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

Clark

That thought never crossed my mind lumberjack48.  I've seen tons of aspen that were cut 50-90% through in the fall but I never considered that the snow would cover that up and I could be walking through a forest of delicately stacked dominoes!  I'm going to be paranoid now.

Clark
SAF Certified Forester

Thank You Sponsors!