iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bartering

Started by Sixacresand, February 21, 2013, 08:37:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixacresand

Just swapped a afternoon of labor for 30 boards.  A friend helped me load and carry horses to the vet today.  He asked for lumber instead of cash.  It was good for me cause I happen to have more lumber than cash.  LOL
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Now that's the Forum Way.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

slider

I agree Six, keep your cash
al glenn

T Welsh

Bartering works when both parties are happy at the end of the deal ;D Tim

drobertson

Heck yea! that's a good trade for sure,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

MEMountainMan

I've enjoyed your posts, Happy Birthday
LT15 30 feet cap., John Deere 850 tractor with a loader bucket and backhoe, John Deere 1010 dozer. some husky saws, a 5ft Logrite cant hook, a 3ft mill special, and a 30" hookaroon. A shop full of tools and 108 acres of trees to make things out of.  Done building homes for others now it's my turn

Magicman

A good deal is when both parties are happy.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

drobertson

Pretty sure we know the vet is happy, those bills can be killer, too bad the vet could'nt be happy with 30 boards ;D
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

clww

Great deal on your birthday. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

hackberry jake

Little known fact. There are actually bartering taxes. You should value the goods you recieve at current market value and put it in your tax statement as income earned...  :D
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

Sixacresand

Quote from: hackberry jake on February 21, 2013, 09:47:40 PM
Little known fact. There are actually bartering taxes. You should value the goods you recieve at current market value and put it in your tax statement as income earned...  :D

In Georgia, birthday means it is time to buy tags/pay taxes on vehicles.  I didn't ask the tax commissioner if she needed any lumber.  As long as this sawmill looks and quacks like a hobby, there will be no buisiness license or filing a schedule C. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

highleadtimber16

As long as this sawmill looks and quacks like a hobby, there will be no buisiness license or filing a schedule C.

:) That's what I like to hear  smiley_roller
2011 Wood-Mizer LT 40 hyd w/ 12' Extension,
EG 200 Wood-Mizer
Cutting Old Growth Cedar from Queen Charlotte Islands.

Meadows Miller

Gday

Thats what I like to see n hear  ;D Good deal Mate  ;) ;D ;D smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup

I do alot and love to Barter most recent purchases where bartering the Laimet sawmill we bartered on which they payed $80k for and I got for $55k in trade for contract sawing their logs I also get all their sawing work after I have done about 20days sawing over the coming 3 to 6 months to pay for the mill  ;) ;D ;D 8)

Bartered a 3 ton Yale Forklift for exchange in Sawdust to my sawdust buyer He wanted the Sawdust and I wanted a Forklift  :) ;) ;D ;D

Also looks like I am trading a Log Cabin for a Semi & Trailer in the coming months to  :) :)

It works you just have to put a dollar figure on things I also love the fact that you do not have to bring in 4 or more dollars to pay of one dollar of debt  ;)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

1woodguy

I always like a trade that works for both sides!

Experience is a rough teacher first you get the test later comes the lesson!

bandmiller2

I R dosen't like barters they feel unloved and left out.  Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

justallan1

I took some live edge (more edge than board) to the local meatcutter to guarantee that's what he wanted for a rustic look on his shed. I had planned on just giving the wood away, he's a great guy and lets me pay for cutting up my elk with deer and elk sheds. While talking with him he asked if I needed a grill guard for the truck and points out a heavy duty chrome wrap around grill guard that is made for the year and model of my truck.
The wood that I gave him would have been stickers at best!
He'll be getting the rest of the wood for free, for sure ;D
Allan

WH_Conley

I have traded sawing for rock, tomato stakes for plants, lumber for a few visits to my physical therapist, firewood for clothes and home made cakes.
Bill

ely

i do alot of trade with I R, more than my fair share... so they should leave my barter be.

Thank You Sponsors!