iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

new guy here

Started by MEloggah, February 21, 2013, 07:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MEloggah

hey boys! new to the forum but not logging. I'm a 5th gen logger. conventional. im 28 been in the woods since i was a baby. i remeber dad changing my shcitty diapers on the landing. started just riding in the skidder, which at the time was one of 3 skidders, one C4 and two C5's. though in the 60's my grandfather had the two first rubber tired skidders in our area. a 66 and a 67 jd440. we have also had case and clarks but in the 70's went to tree farmers and havnt looked back since. anyways, when i got big enough to pull cable my job was hooking up hitches for the two skidder drivers dad and gramp had then around 11yrs old i began chopping w/ a worn out 254xp. when i graduated highschool logging was very slow and we were down to just dad and i, gramp had died, and i went on to learn the trade of buildiong houses and concrete. now i own my own general contracting company pouring foundations, buildig log homes and logging which is where my heart lies but in maine you gotta wear more then one hat sometimes. anyhow, theres a little back ground on me. im hoping to pick up some new tricks and just shoot the breeze with guys who have wood chips in their blood like i do.

-Brandon

JuniperBoss

Welcome Brandon. We are always happy to associate with anyone with wood chips in their blood :).
"The three great essentials to achieve anything worthwhile are, first, hard work; second, stick-to-itiveness; third, common sense." --- Thomas Edison

thecfarm

MEloggah,Welcome to the forum. Where in Maine are you from?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

MEloggah

good ol parsonsfield and we have a camp in abbot as well.

treefarmer87

1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

thecfarm

parsonfield,around Jackmen?? Wherever that is,I don't go there much.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

MEloggah

no, lol about 10 minutes south of fryburg. we do rabbit hunt in jackman though!

thecfarm

I'm way off. I get up to Fryeburg more than Jackman. I will have to go out to the car to get the Maine gazette.
Check out this thread,
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,13313.0.html
That will keep you busy while I go out to the car. :D

MEloggah

wow thata lot of pics of mechanical equipment! in '82 sd warren came to my dad and grandad and offered to back them 1.5 million to go mechanical. dad said no way but another small local cable operation did take the offer. they have nicer trucks and bigger houses then me but i bet they dont sleep as good at night :) :) im not into big payments. as it is i sold the small c4 and am in the market for a c5 w/ a duetz. right now im choppin for a 640jd and that sucker likes fuel!!!!! i hate it. i like to cut my load a day and only burn 5-7 gallons not 20!!!

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Brandon.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Tree Killer

Welcome to the Foresrty Forum . 

samandothers

Welcome!

I look forward to your posts.

coxy

well come to the forum brandon    ill trade a 518 cat for your 640 20 gal a day thats not much  ;D i went from an old pettibone 501 with 353 5gal a day to the cat 40 -50 gal  :'(  depending on the pull what was i thinking   :(

MEloggah

lol no thanks!! im just choppin for a guy who owns the 640. i hate JD. im looking for a c5 to replace the one we just sold. this 640 is just a deal to get this lot cut.

Thank You Sponsors!