iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

WM Sawmill Service Loop

Started by Magicman, February 21, 2013, 05:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

I try to schedule a factory service every three years, so I am registered for a service this year.  I look forward to seeing Bob.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I got a check up last year and then again in November when WM installed my new 29 HP engine.  8)

The check up was well worth the time and money.

Just waiting on Spring Time Lynn. I can hardly wait.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Tee

Since I just recently bought mine (used) and did the full alignment on it, I don't know if it really need anything or not. I've been thinking I may get my moneys worth in education though.

rimshot

Quote from: Magicman on February 21, 2013, 05:47:23 PM
I try to schedule a factory service every three years, so I am registered for a service this year.  I look forward to seeing Bob.
[/quote}

sounds like a good plan Magicman.  Do those service guys operate in a directed area of the country or do they just free lance.  Wm has a good reputation  and it is seeming lately they are selling lots of equipment.  I will bet those repair guys are busy.

rim
LT 10 with a 10 h.p. and a converted boat trailer to provide mobility for a once permanent mill.

barbender

The mobile service loop doesn't come through MN, if it did I would have them go through mine, even though I am mechanicly inclined and do all my own service work. There's no substitute for experience and their techs have a lot of it, so the education  would be worth it.
Too many irons in the fire

Peter Drouin

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on February 21, 2013, 05:52:23 PM
I got a check up last year and then again in November when WM installed my new 29 HP engine.  8)

The check up was well worth the time and money.

Just waiting on Spring Time Lynn. I can hardly wait.

I thought it was like Spring Time there all winter :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Papa1stuff

I just had a Gold service to my mill yesterday. Bob got here at about 2 PM and was here until 5:30PM pc_smiley
He fixed things that I did not realize were wrong,I sure learned a lot about my mill  :P ;D And now I think it may cut better that it did when new ;D. Most everything was adjustment ,the only  part needed was the Hyd Hot contact  ;D.

Bob sure knows what he is doing , on most adjustments he turned the a adjustment nut only one time and had it perfectly done ,He sure is a master of his trade  smiley_clapping!
1987 PB Grader with forks added to bucket
2--2008 455 Rancher Husky
WM CBN Sharpener & Setter

mmartone

I sure would like to have him come see me in pamnama city.. mine needs a tune up!
Remember, I only know what you guys teach me. Lt40 Manual 22hp KAwaSaki, Husky3120 60", 56" Panther CSM, 372xp, 345xp, Stihl 041, 031, blue homelite, poulans, 340

Magicman

rimshot, the WM website should give you the routes and dates (months).

mmartone, I would give WM a call tomorrow AM.

I am fully knowledgeable and capable of doing the complete alignment myself.  Heck, I was once a telephone company PBX & Teletypewriter repairman, so I keep it tuned up very well.  The value is that Bob has every replacement part necessary to complete the job before he even starts. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Nomad

My mill sat for neglected for some time before I bought it, and I thought it needed a bit of TLC.  I'd done quite a bit of adjustment/repair to it already, but wanted an expert to look at it too.  Bob was here last week to do just that.  I'd already done most of the big stuff.  He made a few adjustments I had missed, replaced one part I didn't realize was failing, and taught me a lot about my mill.  I couldn't be happier I had him come by to help me out!  And to top it off, he's a really likeable guy.  Don't get no better than that. 8)
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Peter Drouin on February 21, 2013, 06:38:44 PM

Hey Peter.....you are right .....some what. How ever you forgot about last Saturday.  ;D
This is looking out my front door.

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Peter Drouin

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on February 21, 2013, 07:47:10 PM
Quote from: Peter Drouin on February 21, 2013, 06:38:44 PM

Hey Peter.....you are right .....some what. How ever you forgot about last Saturday.  ;D
This is looking out my front door.

My yard looks like that all winter :D  but thats ok
you had a chance to make a snow man and you missed it,  :D :D ;D nice yard
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

wwsjr

Got postcard yesterday, Bob will call a few days before he gets to my location. Well worth the money for me.
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

Magicman

Ocklawahaboy

Didn't have the money for them to drop by this year.  Have to try to plan for it next year.  I've done some tweaking to mine and it cuts fine for my purposes right now but I'm sure it could be better.

Magicman

I do fine with my 3 year schedule.

mmartone

I called today, missed the loop... :-[
Remember, I only know what you guys teach me. Lt40 Manual 22hp KAwaSaki, Husky3120 60", 56" Panther CSM, 372xp, 345xp, Stihl 041, 031, blue homelite, poulans, 340

Magicman

Looks like mine and Bob's schedule will work out. smiley_thumbsup  Sunday night's rain postponed my sawing this week until tomorrow.  Since I will be about 50 miles from home, I called Bob and he will meet me at the customer's location in Raymond tomorrow afternoon to do my service.  I look forward to seeing him.

Bolie

He's gotta be getting close to me and I can't wait!!!!!!!!
If you want to do something bad enough you'll find a way,If you don't you'll find an excuse!!!!!!!!

GDinMaine

I signed up as soon as signup was available after I bought my mill.  Even tho I did a complete alignment on it following the book about a month after buying it.  I think it is worth the expense just to check how well I did, as well as having the whole thing looked over by someone who REALLY knows. 
It's the going that counts not the distance!

WM LT-40HD-D42

Magicman

Bob did my service Wednesday afternoon.   Two hours of labor, a few parts, a guide arm and one bed rail alignment.  I should be good for three more years.   :)

millstead

I would like to schedule for Woodmizer to service my mill. Last week I called four times and each time I was on hold for a half hour and the I hung up . Must be a lot of people calling to get there mill serviced . I will try again next week

wwsjr

It can be scheduled on their website.
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

Thank You Sponsors!