iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Safety Tip of the Week

Started by Sonofman, February 21, 2013, 01:53:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonofman

Just when you think a person can't get any dumber.

Located due west of Due West.

petefrom bearswamp

Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I'm gonna leave this one alone and let y'all handle it.  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

JuniperBoss

"The three great essentials to achieve anything worthwhile are, first, hard work; second, stick-to-itiveness; third, common sense." --- Thomas Edison

pigman

It's ok, he doesn't have his finger on the throttle. ::) Let's just hope the idle is set for low speed. ;)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

JuniperBoss

I don't know what in the world he is doing, with two hands ??? Apparently no ear protection ??? I hope he has the brake on. Maybe he is just trying to scare people by doing that and doesn't really have the switch on :D. The scary part is that if he is experienced, then I wouldn't expect to see him use that technique. I think you're supposed to turn the saw around and pull it with the bar facing ahead, so you can have kids later. I've never tried that technique though. When it's cold I put it on the ground. When it's warm I drop start it. It's the safest and easiest way to go.
"The three great essentials to achieve anything worthwhile are, first, hard work; second, stick-to-itiveness; third, common sense." --- Thomas Edison

Delawhere Jack

Redneck sex change operation. The entire procedure only takes 1-2 seconds, and can be performed on an out patient basis. :D

hackberry jake

This one is had not to make inappropriate jokes about. I was gunna make one about jerking the rope... Better not  ::)
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

JuniperBoss

Hey now don't tell me I started it with the 'not being able to have kids' thing. If he made one mistake, like for instance not using the chain brake or accidentally leaving the engine setting on 'half choke', that could really happen.

Roger2561

Husband calls wife - the following conversation takes place -

Oh, honey?  Yeah, it's me, I'm in the emergency room.  You're not going to believe what just happened...
Roger

Cypressstump

Silly Boy,,,,,,,,,,, he forgot his gloves, don't he know all that tugging on the pull rope will leave blisters ? ?       ::)

Ya'l have heard that sayin' bout reducing the Gene Pool right ? ? ?   that's one sure fire way to get it done If I ever saw one.
Stump

Timberking 1220 25hp w/extensions -hard mounted
Case 586E 6k forklift
2001 F350 4X4,Arctic Cat 500 4 wheeler wagon hauler
Makita 6401 34",4800 Echo 20"er, and a professional 18" Poulan PRO , gotta be a 'pro' cuz it says so rite there on tha' saw..

JuniperBoss

Sonofman, do you know that guy? Does he really start his saw, or anybody else for that matter, that way?

beenthere

It's a "reality" pic, and has been floating around the web for some time now. Just for "show"  (and feeling).  :D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

rooster 58

You're kidding, right?  :-\

Sonofman

No, I do not know this guy. My boss sent it to me this morning as he knows I collect and burn firewood and thought I would get a kick out of it. I agree with beenthere and am sure it is staged. If it is not staged, I think a comment about cleaning out the gene pool is appropiate, except I am sure he is old enough to have already reproduced. I thought all you guys would enjoy it.
Located due west of Due West.

hackberry jake

That's one way to file down the ole raker

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

clww

I can see this as one of those "De-motivational Posters". The caption would read: "This pull cord has been getting harder to pull this winter. Maybe if I use both hands this time?"

Wish I'd had this picture a few years ago when I was at the Naval Safety Center.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

hackberry jake

It would be a lot safer if it were a husky, at least then it would take half a dozen pulls to start  ;D

Cypressstump

I took it as a staged pic. Who in their right mind would want something with teeth as nasty as a chainsaw near.............nevermind.. ::)

Once while driving thru a Colo. Neighborhood, I saw a team of guys trimming some sort of yard variety conifer, the specific one they were working on was 25-30ft tall, nice tall and shapely tree. What caught my eye was there was a guy seemingly perched up near the top of the tree, working. As I rounded the street corner, I then noticed how the guy had accessed the top of the tree. The crew had an extension ladder, extended  out all the way with a man on top wielding a small gas powered chainsaw. He was trimming the tree with the saw while there were two guys with their feet on the lower part of the ladder keeping the ladder feet from kicking out, and two guys between the tree and ladder, holding the ladder erect with the saw guy on the very top of the ladder sawing away.... All the guys on the ground had their heads ducked, trying to dodge falling limbs, wearing ball caps...

Apparently there was quite the trust factor going on, as the saw was not tethered off in any fashion. I often wondered of that was the boss man on the top...  ???
Stump

Timberking 1220 25hp w/extensions -hard mounted
Case 586E 6k forklift
2001 F350 4X4,Arctic Cat 500 4 wheeler wagon hauler
Makita 6401 34",4800 Echo 20"er, and a professional 18" Poulan PRO , gotta be a 'pro' cuz it says so rite there on tha' saw..

rooster 58

Here's your sign :D :D :D :D ;D

Rooster

How's he supposed to learn anything if he doesn't try?...eh?
"We talk about creating millions of "shovel ready" jobs, for a society that doesn't really encourage anybody to pick up a shovel." 
Mike Rowe

"Old barns are a reminder of when I was young,
       and new barns are a reminder that I am not so young."
                          Rooster

doctorb

Worthy of a Darwin Award, even if staged. :D :D
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Magicman

A couple of things come to my mind.....gelding, steer.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

hackberry jake

Introducing the new Stihl Neuternator 3000! Call now and get a second Neuternator 3000 for half price! But wait theres... well theres definately less now...

Thank You Sponsors!