iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

fish pattys

Started by coxy, February 21, 2013, 06:39:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

i just wanted to know how to make them can you grind the fish bones and all if so what kind of  grinder should i use  and what kind of spicys should be used and what breading   thanks

Mooseherder

The bones are a big no-no and you don't need a grinder. ;)
The meat will flake off the bones when cooked.  Stirring in the other spices and ingredients will further break the meat down.
You should cook the fish first then add your ingredients along with the breading after.
This is the way we used to do it and we used to sell quite a bit.
I don't have the exact recipe off hand but you could google one quickly.

drobertson

coxy, not sure what kinda patty you are looking for, we like salmon, tuna, and makeral patties,  drained, eggs, crackers, blended and pattied like a hamberger, cast iron skillet fried, with taters and onion and peppers,  now I am hungry again,    david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

WDH

I have to have onions added to my patties  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Dan_Shade

i made some with a can of sardines last week.  it wasn't very good.   :D

i ate it anyways
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Mooseherder

Onions were in the recipe along with day old bread that we put through a food chopper.  I sure wish I had one of those choppers.  It was just a stainless bowl that went around in a circle.  Half of it was covered with the chopper mechanism.  It saved a lot of time.
I'm pretty sure we had celery in ours also.
Not too many people left at our company that would remember what was in there but I do know of one guy that may know but I don't run across him often.

coxy

sardine fish pattys   :D steve_smiley that is differnt  ;D

Magicman

Yup, sounded like Dan was not impressed, but canned Pillow Rock Salmon is OK.

"Garballs" made from the Alligator Gar LINK are sometimes done here.  Probably because they are so boney that that (Tom) is the only way to eat them.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

LeeB

I've eaten garballs and really enjoyed them when prepared by someone else. I've never been able to make myself eat any gar I have caught myself though. The meat is pretty, just a mental thing I guess.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Magicman

We once caught a trotline full of Gar.  Musta had a dozen of them flopping.  We caught plenty of channel cat so I started trying to give the Gar away.  Ever try to give Gar away  ???
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

coxy

wish norm had a pic of fish pattys   his pic always make me hungry  ;D

LeeB

Gar sure can tear up a trot line.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

drobertson

Had Gar for the first time this past summer, a strange meat, filleted, round pieces, just a bit chewy, I would've liked to have tried my hand at cooking them, in any case worth the work, lots of meat on these rascals,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

WDH

Probably similar to eating a pterodactyl. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

LeeB

Boy, you are old ain't you Danny?  :D

WDH

I only ate them when I was a baby  :D.

DanG

Gar is a great catfish bait.  Catfish love it, but other gar won't touch it. :new_year:

It never occurred to me to make patties out of a piece of whole fish. ???  The only reason to make them is if canned fish is all you have.

Shade, how many beers did it take to get them sardine patties down? :D :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Dan_Shade

only amatures keep count, DanG!
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Kansas

Quote from: Magicman on February 22, 2013, 02:34:39 PM
We once caught a trotline full of Gar.  Musta had a dozen of them flopping.  We caught plenty of channel cat so I started trying to give the Gar away.  Ever try to give Gar away  ???

I guess you could do like people do with zucchini. When it is barely light in the morning, go put some on someone's doorstep.

Ianab

QuoteI guess you could do like people do with zucchini. When it is barely light in the morning, go put some on someone's doorstep.

:D

I think we have been given 3 lots this week. Lil came home with one today that she was too polite to refuse, I swear it's 18" long and 4" fat. That's not a zucchini any more, it's a full blown marrow  :D
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

LeeB

Are zuccini and marrowthe same? I thought they were different plants?

r.man

If you wanted to make a fish patty out of canned ( preserved ) fish you can leave the bones in. A friend of mine used to can suckers, which are a bottom feeders, not a problem in unpolluted waters, because they are very bony. My father was the only person I ever knew that ate them just like any other fish. Most people discard a third to a half of the meat because it is so bony. If you can them you can leave all the bones in and not take a loss on weight. It also allows you to add spices if that is desirable.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Thank You Sponsors!