iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New saw

Started by ChopperDan, February 20, 2013, 11:37:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChopperDan

I ordered a new 550XP G with 16" bar  in early December. It finally came in after all my wood was cut for the season. So I still somewhat conflicted.  Now I have to find some wood to cut. I'm looking forward to the heated handles. Never had them before. I'm still a skeptic.

550xpg
562xp
Makita 6421 converted to 7900 X2
Hd SuperSpitter

JuniperBoss

In that second picture it looks like something made in outer space :o. New look from the other husky saws I've seen, but still got that round husky look to it. It seems the style of today is coming to saws now too. How much did it cost?
"The three great essentials to achieve anything worthwhile are, first, hard work; second, stick-to-itiveness; third, common sense." --- Thomas Edison

thecfarm

You will like the "G".  ;D
I have wood to cut.   :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

JohnG28

They're getting some really good reports on another site, I think you're going to like it a lot.
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

drobertson

Nice looking saw, I bet you find something to cut on ;D  new toys are meant to be played with 8)  david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

JuniperBoss

Quote from: thecfarm on February 21, 2013, 06:40:24 AM
You will like the "G".  ;D
I have wood to cut.   :D

I see you modified your post :D. You think I care about the design ??? My saws cut up a storm and I like it that way ;D. My older stihl cuts quite a bit slower than my newer one though. It's time for a tune-up but I'm too lazy. I'll use the new one instead :).
"The three great essentials to achieve anything worthwhile are, first, hard work; second, stick-to-itiveness; third, common sense." --- Thomas Edison

thecfarm

Wanted to make sure Chopper Dan has a place to try out his new handles.  :D I would hate for him to wait until next year heating season to try it out.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

s grinder

Chopper Dan Nice saw,Did you buy it at Bruce's saw shop?Goldstein's ? Saw the Cub Cadet sign. Good luck.

ChopperDan

Quote from: s grinder on February 21, 2013, 03:12:06 PM
Chopper Dan Nice saw,Did you buy it at Bruce's saw shop?Goldstein's ? Saw the Cub Cadet sign. Good luck.

I picked it up from Goldsteins. I've been doing business with them for years. They treat me right and Dave and Jeff know there stuff.
550xpg
562xp
Makita 6421 converted to 7900 X2
Hd SuperSpitter

Thank You Sponsors!