iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lt 40 Motors

Started by moandrich, February 20, 2013, 08:12:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moandrich

We are looking at an lt 40 that has a Wisconsin 35hp. 1997. Did WM use these motors for a while?

Thanx, Rich
woodmizer lt 40HD  2007
Kubota RTVX1100 2019
Kubota L3940   2009

drobertson

Not sure, but those are some good engines for sure, does it run?   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

isawlogs

I hate to sound like a broken record here , but have you called WoodMizer about that, they have a toll free number and I am sure that they will answer your quest and any other question about that mill that you may have.

As for your question ... I don't know. :-\ :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Gasawyer

They used them for a few years. I have one on a 97 lt40hdd and it has been a very reliable engine. The two main downsides are its loud and it loves gasoline. Mine will burn an average of 15 gals of gas in 6-7 engine hours. My mill has 1500 hrs. and approx 500,000 bdft. ( I have cut a lot of large dimension timbers) and have had more issues with the hydrolic hoses than the engine. If you get it keep the oil changed, keep air cleaner cleaned, and occasionally blow engine off it will last a long time. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
Woodmizer LT-40hdd super hyd.,Lucas 618,Lucas 823dsm,Alaskian chainsaw mill 6',many chainsaws large and small,NH L555 skidsteer, Int. TD-9,JD500 backhoe, and International grapple truck.

Bibbyman

Yes.  We had one.  Good engine with lots of power.  Drank a lot of gas and was very heavy.  When Mary ran it she had to use both hands and do a body drop to get enough pull to the clutch lever.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Al_Smith

I've got either a 31 or 34 HP Wisconsin I plan on using on a homebuilt .Kind of a generic larger engine used on a lot of things .

They used the larger models on wire tie hay balers back when they had engines instead of a PTO drive .Couple things I learned from that .Keep the shrouding clear of chaff and don't shut them down without giving them a cool down period .Couple more things too but for his conversation they are incidental .

york

Had this motor on our Bandit 90 chipper,gobs of power,loud,ran hot and loved gas-not sure i would want one on a band-mill.....albert
Albert

Chuck White

There was a Wisconsin engine on Dad's John Deere square baler!

That was back in the 60's, ran good, baled a lot of hay, I don't remember the HP.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

GAB

Mr. White:
I had an uncle that had a John Deere 14T baler with a 2 cylinder Wisconsin engine.
I got to restart it many times after replacing shear pins, as it was not safe replacing a pin with the engine running.
I think the engine on the Wood-Mizers is a 4 cylinder.
Please correct me if I'm wrong on that as I have only seen them in pictures, but it looks similar to either the VE4 or VF4's used on 1950's New Holland balers.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Slabs

Wisconson: Great engine, reliable, durable and reasonably powerful.  I've offloaded lots of boards and slabs from a 1996 LT-40 powered by a W4-1770.

I wish they had built an over head valve version of that block.  Would have made an engine for use for another 50 years.
Slabs  : Offloader, slab and sawdust Mexican, mill mechanic and electrician, general flunky.  Woodshop, metal woorking shop and electronics shop.

Al_Smith

I think there is a diesel that is overhead valve .I've seen them on concrete saws . 60 HP power range I think .

Thank You Sponsors!