iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Kitchen Island

Started by Peter Drouin, February 18, 2013, 08:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Drouin

The wife wanted one so I made one red oak

I thought It came out not to bad, first time with raised panels , I had to match the kitchen cabinets that are store bought :D :D ;D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Magicman

And match them you did.  Terrific job.  smiley_thumbsup 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

A very nice job and looks like the cat is happy with it too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

pasbuild

Thats outstanding work for your first time out 8) 8) 8)
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

WDH

Yes, the cat approves, too!  Great job.  It is amazing how much you will use it, and you won't be able to understand how you did without it  ;D.  You did a great job on the match, too.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

jueston

its been my experience trying to match older work can be the hardest part of renovation, it looks like you did a great job. :)

Peter Drouin

Thanks for all the kind words guys
A&P saw Mill LLC.

isawlogs

The cats approve and the wife is happy, what more can a guy ask for 8) Fine craftmenship, very well done  :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

drobertson

Nice work Peter, too bad your done, now guess what? you get to build again!   Look forward to your next project.   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

CHARLIE

Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

LeeB

Looks real good. Is it permanet or moveable?
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Peter Drouin

Quote from: LeeB on February 22, 2013, 06:45:23 AM
Looks real good. Is it permanet or moveable?

thanks all, moveable  but to me it's in the way I have to go around it to get to the sink, I like it better with out it, but it's her house :D :D she don't tell me how to set my barn up or the mill barn :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

WDH

I think that you are looking at this the right way  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

bigred1951

how do you make theraised panels? Do you start with a whole flat piece and router out the panel or what..i have no clue  ??? haha but im really interested in starting to make some things likes this and cabinets and anything pretty much..ive made a clock, barn door cabinet, movie holder,and a few odds and ends  :D

WDH

You use a raised panel router bit in a router table, at least that is how I have done it.

isawlogs

There is also the stile and rail router bits that one needs. Also very recomended use of router table top do this.  :P
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Peter Drouin

I have a shaper with all the bits

the shaper and the radial saw are in line, works good, I don't have a pic of the carbide bits
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Peter Drouin

when I set the bit for the raze panel I use w pine to set it, then grab the r oak and push it through :o :o :o, wow that's not going to take that much wood off in one pass, I had to reset the shaper and take a little wood off at a time till I got to where I wanted to be
A&P saw Mill LLC.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

LeeB

Must be a fake. It's too clean to be real.  :D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Thank You Sponsors!