iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

As thoughts turn to spring and sawmills start to blossom...

Started by Jeff, February 18, 2013, 05:00:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

It is still the dead of winter here in the North, but It won't be long and spring will be here.  I know there are a lot of existing owners and especially new mill owners on the forum just a yankin to get out there making sawdust. There are also plenty of guys waiting for delivery on their new mill.  With that, I want to remind all of you to think about protecting your investment from those things Murphy throws at you that could take your new mill out or you out financially.  The Forestry Forum has a sponsor that can take Murphy and his laws and squash him.

Margeson and Associates are forum sponsors and specialize in Portable Bandmill Insurance. They can cover you in all 50 states. When you call them up, they know what you are talking about. When you say "Sawmill" to them, they don't freak out and get out the big calculator, because they know what you do, and how to take care of you and your mill.

DJ (MAI on the Forum) LINK TO PROFILE can fix you right up, or at the very minimum, answer your questions on the topic of Insurance for the Portable Bandsaw. You can get a hold of him via the website. http://www.mai-ins.com/ins_bandsaw.html

Remember, its important to try to utilize all of our Forestry Forum sponsors products and services because this place can't exist without them. They are the best you can ask for. That's why they are here for you :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Red Clay Hound

Just got my insurance policy last week.  DJ made the process easy and relatively painless.  Now, I hope I don't need it! smiley_roller
2007 Wood-Mizer LT40 Super Hydraulic with 51 hp. Cat; 2007 Wood-Mizer EG200 Twin Blade Edger; Woodmaster 718 Molder/Planer; Stihl MS460 and MS362 Chainsaws; 2011 John Deere 5065 with JD 553 Loader

MAI

Hi Tony,
I hope you didn't need to use it also.  But, hopefully you can sleep easier?

Pocono_Roughcut

MAI has given me confidence that this bandsaw insurance company can insure my Woodmizer LT40 because MAI is, after all, a Forest Forum sponsor and [MAI] has been promoted by you, Jeff.
Here, in Northeastern Pennsylvania, I have had a farm policy via an independent agent for more than ten years. But, as soon as the agent saw the Wood-Mizer, he said, he'd have to look into whether or not he could cover it.
A few days later, when he called, he sounded a bit like he was freaking out. He said, he couldn't cover it, and if I couldn't obtain insurance [elsewhere] within a week or two, my current [and longstanding] policy, I've had for so long, would be cancelled. He not only has my farm policy but, my business and vehicle policies, as well as some of my neighbors and others nearby.
After I sign up with MAI, I might suggest to my independent agent that he discuss being an agent for MAI.

mad murdock

Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Carpenter

Quote from: Pocono_Roughcut on June 29, 2013, 04:16:25 PM
MAI has given me confidence that this bandsaw insurance company can insure my Woodmizer LT40 because MAI is, after all, a Forest Forum sponsor and [MAI] has been promoted by you, Jeff.
Here, in Northeastern Pennsylvania, I have had a farm policy via an independent agent for more than ten years. But, as soon as the agent saw the Wood-Mizer, he said, he'd have to look into whether or not he could cover it.
A few days later, when he called, he sounded a bit like he was freaking out. He said, he couldn't cover it, and if I couldn't obtain insurance [elsewhere] within a week or two, my current [and longstanding] policy, I've had for so long, would be cancelled. He not only has my farm policy but, my business and vehicle policies, as well as some of my neighbors and others nearby.
After I sign up with MAI, I might suggest to my independent agent that he discuss being an agent for MAI.

That's B.S.  And, I'm not calling you a liar, it's just BS.  I've got a farm policy as well.  I'm sure the insurance agent doesn't know about the saw mill, I haven't mentioned it (the reaction would probably be similar).  But, in the grand scheme of things the saw mill is probably a lot less dangerous than a lot of the other farm equipment we run on a daily basis.  Ridiculous, if you ask me. 

thecfarm

I think alot has to do with SAWMILL. Meaning the older circular ones with no safety stuff on them. There was a guy I was talking to that lives in Kittery,ME. Can't saw anywheres in town with his WM. There was a circular guy right in town with what I think had a detroit on it and the guy never cleaned up the slabs and the place was a mess all the time. So the town said no more SAWMILLS.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!