iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

curly spalted red oak

Started by hackberry jake, February 18, 2013, 09:38:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hackberry jake

https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

drobertson

only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Laird

Kubota M6030DT
Kubota L4630
FARMI JL500 Skidding Winch
WoodMizer LT10
MS 460
Stihl 028 X 2
MS 290
Monster Maul Replaced by Fiskars Super Split
Hawken HE-1100
Oregon 511A Bench Grinder
Huskee 35 ton splitter
Logrite 60" cant hook

Tree Feller

OMG! That is some spectacular wood, Jake. Very unique.
Cody

Logmaster LM-1 Sawmill
Kioti CK 30 w/ FEL
Stihl MS-290 Chainsaw
48" Logrite Cant Hook
Well equipped, serious, woodworking shop

mesquite buckeye

smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Jeff

Oh Yea!  8)'

Whatcha goona make out of it?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

hackberry jake

I may donate it to the next chicken crispin or pig roast. I have too many fancy pieces of wood laying around, plus the little woman thinks its ugly, can you believe that?!
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

mesquite buckeye

You could donate it to me. I know what to do with it. ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) ::)
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

kderby

That is the challenge grasshopper ;D

You have something so unique and beautiful that no one knows what it is worth.  Can you get $80 per cubic inch or firewood prices?

For those of us who love wood, leave it in a block and we are still mesmerized by the beauty and the potential!

Thanks for the picture!

Kderby

redbeard

Spalting with figure or figure with spalting   Very nice!
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Satamax

Quote from: hackberry jake on February 18, 2013, 10:38:40 AM
I may donate it to the next chicken crispin or pig roast. I have too many fancy pieces of wood laying around, plus the little woman thinks its ugly, can you believe that?!

Make her a jewelery box out of it, then she'll love it  ;D Even more if there's gold and diamonds in it  ;D
French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

Larry

That does cry out to be made into something special.  A jewelry box was a good thought.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Cypressstump

Yeah, But empty jewelry boxes can get you into as much trouble as determining on the outcome of that fine pieces of wood.  Nice !

Something that nice would be hard to put a blade into. :-\
Stump

Timberking 1220 25hp w/extensions -hard mounted
Case 586E 6k forklift
2001 F350 4X4,Arctic Cat 500 4 wheeler wagon hauler
Makita 6401 34",4800 Echo 20"er, and a professional 18" Poulan PRO , gotta be a 'pro' cuz it says so rite there on tha' saw..

Magicman

I have a stick of heart Pine that looks like that.  It is only an inch or so wide, but I have never figured out what to do with it.    ???
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

justallan1

Jake, I know how to get the wife to like it. You make 2 jewelry boxes, hide one and give the other to your mother-in-law. :D
When the wife lets you back in the house you give her the second one.
Beautiful wood.

beenthere

Quoteand give the other to your mother-in-law

Just don't make her real upset by giving the other to her mother-in-law.

:snowball: :snowball:
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

T Welsh

Jake, You may be a hoarder ;) Your going to have to build another building to put all this nice lumber in if you keep showing us all this nice wood ;D Tim

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Hack, I don't think I've ever seen that much beauty in a piece if wood. It's almost to purdy to make something out of it.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

pasbuild

If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

WDH

DanG.  Now I won't be able to sleep tonight  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

tyb525

LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Jeff

I wish I had a woodshop so I could make you a ridiculous over for it. :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!