iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mill broke tonight, DanGit

Started by mmartone, February 16, 2013, 08:14:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmartone

We were sawing up a 16+ ft pine and had it down to a cant and were making 10 2x4's and bang, boing, lift chain pin bent and end link of the chain broke! We had unloaded that trailer of birch and cedar and quarter sawn an oak log. So the day was not a complete loss, but I dont know where I can find a chain or master link tomorrow.  :'( That means no sawing til next week again. On top of that my chainsaw was acting poorly too.
Remember, I only know what you guys teach me. Lt40 Manual 22hp KAwaSaki, Husky3120 60", 56" Panther CSM, 372xp, 345xp, Stihl 041, 031, blue homelite, poulans, 340

drobertson

Sorry to hear all of this, but at least one thing is working in full affect,  Murphey's Law,  as usual, Hope you are back on line soon,   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

pineywoods

mm, there's a reason woodmizer went to a double chain for the head lift. Chain is cheap, you might consider replacing it.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

bandmiller2

Theirs a good chance Home Depot or lowes would have roller chain links and half links,and open sunday. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Ga Mtn Man

"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

GAB

If one link broke I suspect that there are others not far from failure also.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Slingshot

Tractor Supply here in Elizabethtown carries the size chain on the Woodmizers
so should in your area also.

terrifictimbersllc

Our local hardware stores stock chain parts (master links, links  etc. ) in those specialty hardware box displays in the nuts and bolts rows. There are some empty cubbies where you want them though.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

mmartone

Thanks guys, I went to Ace this morning when they opened at 9 amd got some link pieces. All fixed and back to sawing, thought I was going to need some medication!
Remember, I only know what you guys teach me. Lt40 Manual 22hp KAwaSaki, Husky3120 60", 56" Panther CSM, 372xp, 345xp, Stihl 041, 031, blue homelite, poulans, 340

Magicman

Chain links are medication.  Just what the (saw) doctor ordered.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!