iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Which Husqvarna saws are assembled by Poulan?

Started by Adam1976, April 06, 2004, 03:44:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam1976

Hello.  We were looking at the Husqvarna 340, but then the dealer told us that that particular model was made by Poulan.  The dealer said that the 345 was NOT made by Poulan (which is the model we just might get).  Can anybody tell me what Husqvarna saws are NOT made by Poulan?  How about the 350?  I am looking at that one as well.  Thanks.

oldsaw-addict

I'm pretty sure the 340 is a poulan, the 345 I cant comment on because I dont know, the 350 I'm pretty sure in NOT a poulan, its too much like a Husky design to be poulan.
Let there be saws for all mankind!

Adam1976

:)  Sorry for all the questions about this, but this is going to be my first chainsaw, and I want a quality piece of machinery.  I didn't mean to sound like I was putting down Poulan saws, but out of 10 people I've talked with that own Poulan saws, 9 of them have had multiple problems with them, and I would like to stay away from a product that is more likely to give me problems.  We really don't want to exceed $300, and I found a Husq. 350 for $299 at a local dealer.  Maybe it will suit our needs.

Adam1976

QuoteI'm pretty sure the 340 is a poulan, the 345 I cant comment on because I dont know, the 350 I'm pretty sure in NOT a poulan, its too much like a Husky design to be poulan.

:)Hey, thanks for the reply.  Since it is my first saw, I never know for sure if the dealer is telling the truth, or just trying to pull a fast one and make a sale...especially since I know nothing about saws.

jokers

Adam,
To be sure, just find the black metal "Made In Sweden" tag and you`ll know that it wasn`t assembled by Poulan. The 340, 345, and 350 are all built on the same chassis and unless something has recently changed that I don`t know about, they`re all made in Sweden.

I think I`ve already covered for you why the 350 is a better saw than the other two so I`ll leave it at that.

Russ

oldsaw-addict

Its alright to ask ?s thats how we learn. As for the Black metal tags that read Husqvarna made in sweden   I forgot that was even there. I'll have to look into the saws some more to be sure of which saws are mad by husky and not just colored orange but made by poulan. Good luck wit hyour search for a good saw.

slowzuki

Husqvarna, Jonsered and Poulan are all made by Electrolux.  The lowest model Jonsered is a relabeled (and over priced) Poulan model but I believe the rest of the Husqy and Jonsered saws are not Poulans.  Look at the Poulan Pro models and observe the tank and anti-vibe design.  Becomes easy to spot in all the relabelled Poulan brands.

Ken

J_T

Toss in another few bucks and get a Sthil ???
Jim Holloway

Frickman

If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

jokers

QuoteToss in another few bucks and get a Sthil ???

Why, you might as well save your money and get a Craftsman, maybe you`ll get a free case, LOL.

Russ

Mark M

QuoteHusqvarna, Jonsered and Poulan are all made by Electrolux....
Yeah and they've been making vacuum cleaners, sewing machines, and chainsaws for over 300 years! 8)

jokers

QuoteYeah and they've been making vacuum cleaners, sewing machines, and chainsaws for over 300 years! 8)

And muskets, don`t forget the muskets!  ;D

Russ

oldsaw-addict

Cant forget the muskets I dont know what I'd do without my trusty ole musket to hunt that deer with.

MrMoo

The wife has one of their sewing machines. She loves it. Its really a nice machine. Still can't figurrr out where to add the fuel and needle oil though  :D

Hunter

some of the Husqvarna saws are alot better than others.
I have never owned the 136 or 141, those are the only ones Ive heard about being made by poulan.
They have a differant body style than the rest.
Hunter
Jmccomas@insight.rr.com
614-554-2169
Dolmar / Efco / Redmax / Silvey Grinders Sales

Minnesota_boy

I have a 136 and they must be made by Poulan, because I have to Poulan, Puolan, pull to get it started.  One of the worst starting saws I have ever seen.  Nice amount of power for a small saw whrn I do get it  to run. :D
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

J_T

Last pooland I had pulled on it till the rope smoked when it started I was to tired to use it . :D :D Traded it for a lawn mower deck  ;D
Jim Holloway

redpowerd

the last pullon i grabbed had the chain on bass-akwards! :D
not sure how much wood it cut before i seen it, they were on the other side of the woods.

thats where i send the pullons
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

sawguy21

Th 136 and 141 Husky's are rebadged 'pullons". The rest, including the 340 , are made in Sweden. I sell both Husky and Stihl and feel the Husky quaity control is much better.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Dean Hylton

sawguy21

Had my lat three Husky 136 sales come back with problems. Boss says "Forget your preferences, we are here to sell saws" I dont enjoy selling crap. 'l'll  leave that to the box stores. The rest of the Husky line, Swedish built, is very good, better than Stihl.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!