iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husky 141 won't oil

Started by Jackal, September 19, 2004, 08:33:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackal

Hello Guys,
I appreciate the  advise on my husky 55. It had lost some compression and the ring was stuck. I am getting it reworked.

My problem now is my 141 husky won't oil. The oil is running out the side by the sprocket and around the bar adjuster, but none is getting on the chain.  I cleaned out the area around the bar and took off the metal plate that is under the bar. It is clean, but the oil drips out on the ground. I can point it at a stump at rev it u pand no oil splatter. My husky 55 slings it all over like Cujo at a pie eating contest.

Let me know if you have any info.

Thanks in advance,
JAckal  

Rocky_J

Did you clean out the bar groove and the oil hole in the bar? I use a putty knife in combination with an air compressor. If you don't have a putty knife, a rake tine snapped off an old leaf rake will work quite well.

ivel

i had a similar problem with a jonsered 2036 - a cousin of that saw.  turned out to be a seal at the end of the crankshaft right where that plastic cover goes over the oiler pump.  you may have to replace that seal, but get a mechanic to help you if you don't know what i mean.  the hardest part is getting the clutch off - the seal is right behind that.

Hope this helps,
-ivel

Thank You Sponsors!