iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

whatzit?

Started by Den Socling, February 16, 2013, 06:13:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Den Socling

Name your piece. :D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I do recognize some of the nose clamps used to lead a bull around. But there is a lot of stuff I do not know about.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Den Socling

The draw knives are easy but I wonder what those wooden stair case things are.

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Den Socling on February 16, 2013, 06:37:06 PM
I wonder what those wooden stair case things are.

Maybe some kind of gig. Where did you get this pic? Nice.

Den Socling

I'm in Arizona. The picture is from a museum.

loggah

Lots of goodies and trinkets there, hay knives ,wagon jacks, lots of good small tools.  ;D
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

thurlow

Fencing........wire stretcher.
Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

JuniperBoss

I can name each and every one of them. They are all tools :)
"The three great essentials to achieve anything worthwhile are, first, hard work; second, stick-to-itiveness; third, common sense." --- Thomas Edison

Dave Shepard

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on February 16, 2013, 06:39:14 PM
Quote from: Den Socling on February 16, 2013, 06:37:06 PM
I wonder what those wooden stair case things are.

Maybe some kind of gig. Where did you get this pic? Nice.

They are wagon jacks. :)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Slab Slicer

I see a couple of nail pullers. Those would come in handy cleaning the nails out before doing some resawing. The grinder looking thing on the bottom left is a "ricer" I believe. Lots of cool vintage pieces there.
2016 LT35HDG25, Kubota L2501 w/ FEL, Kubota BX1500 w/FEL and custom skidding rig, Stihl MS 500i, Stihl MS362-25", Stihl MS250-20", Stihl MS192-18",  2001 F250 SD 7.3, GMC Sierra Dually 6.0 gasser, Peaqua 16" 10K trailer, Sur-Trac 12' Dump Trailer 10K
Chuck

DDDfarmer

Those nose grips I've always heard them called Humbugs,  used in securing a beef animal.  I would never use one to move a bull.  for that the bull needs a fixed ring in his nose and then you have a 8' pole with a snap grab on the end.

Fencing pliers, nail pullers, draw knife, spokeshave, wagon jack, hay knife, hog ring pliers, hoof clippers, saw vise, humbugs, not sure is those are soldering irons or?

I'm going to try and print this and show it to my grandfather...will hear what it is and how to use it right  ;D
Treefarmer C5C with cancar 20 (gearmatic 119) winch, Husky 562xp 576xp chainsaws

isawlogs

Den any way of getting the original to this pic , i would like to see a bigger versun, i can PM you my email... ??? :P :P
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

DaleK

Quote from: Slab Slicer on February 16, 2013, 11:22:32 PM
The grinder looking thing on the bottom left is a "ricer" I believe. Lots of cool vintage pieces there.

Looks like some of the old sausage stuffers from around here. Riveting tool as well. The saws to the left are what used to be used for cutting ice here, not sure what else they were used for but I suspect there was another use in Arizona.
Hud-Son Oscar 330
Wallenstein FX110
Echo chainsaws and a whole bunch of tractors

Weekend_Sawyer

Up near the top ,just to the right of center. What is the gunstock with the crank sticking out of it?
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Den Socling

Anybody who wants the original picture like Marcel can email me and I'll send it along. You can email me at dsocling@vacdry.com.

isawlogs

Thanks Den.  Email is shot out to you mon ami!
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Jeff

Send it to me, and I'll link it to the original photo. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

You can now click on the first photo to view a larger image.  :)

millwright

Those saws look a lot like haysaw's , used for removing tightly packed hay from stacks.

Dave Shepard

I see two hay knives on the very left of the photo.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

On the right....black wooden handle with each end of a spring attached to the handle?????

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

drobertson

only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Jeff

Thank You Sponsors!