iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

PERFORMANCE SHOPS

Started by musky111, April 06, 2004, 10:22:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

musky111

does anyone know of a performance shop on the web that you can order parts for stihl saws, or a shop that mods your saw.  I have heard of walkers, but is there any in the USA.
thanks

ehp

In the states the main ones are Dozer Dan and Kenn Dunn that i know of , i am sure there are others but i just have not heard of them but as far as speed parts that you just bolt on like gears and mufflers either can help you there but as far as porting you would need to send the saw to them unless you want to buy another jug and piston plus i know for myself i want to run the saw to make sure there are no problems like seals and stuff

musky111

EHP  do you do work on saws your self? if so do you have a web site?  and the only reason i'm looking of a USA guy is for the shipping.  unless there is no problem shipping to canada this i do not know.  I have a ms360 pro that i use for firewood cutting.  i was looking to have it modded for this.  not to run races.  any more is help full.
thanks musky

oldsaw-addict

Well I know that no matter who does the modifiying work on your saw, IF they are a good responsible saw builder as I know Dan and KD are, they'll have the whole saw shipped to them to mod it and get EVERYTHING right before they send it back to you. The good builders always take the time to break your saw in after building it and they want you t obe happy so they can hopefully have a repeat customer and so that you will spread the word about them and help them with business, as far as other saw builders go I dont know of any others that have good track records. I wont touch the saw unless all you want is a rebuild with stock parts and/or a new saw that has some fancy racin stripes and #3 decals on it. :)
Let there be saws for all mankind!

ehp

Yes i do build saws and i live in Canada which means alittle more on shipping , i have it figured out pretty good now , it is about $10 bucks more each way to send to me than in the states.The other guys are good to so it is up to you , but all i can tell you is i try to do my best for the client and do whatever i can to make him happy, the same as Dan and Kenn

Hunter

Musky,
 Dont let EHP fool you. He is one of the best saw builders out there. He is honest and gets the most out of your saw.
You would be amazed what he can do with a WOODS mod saw.
The Extra shipping is minimal, considering he can get performance gains like no other.
Hunter
Jmccomas@insight.rr.com
614-554-2169
Dolmar / Efco / Redmax / Silvey Grinders Sales

musky111

thanks for the info.  now how can i get a hold of one of these guys.  EHP, DAN,KENN.  I would like to talk to one or all of these people. does anyone have a # to contact them?  sounds like they all come recomended.  also how about walkers???  once again i have a ms360 pro,  used just for firewood cutting.  i love the saw so far,but wouldn't mind having it modded, or is it not worth it?? i have read some of the advantages to having a mod muffler, like running cooler, making more power, and having the saw last longer. now that summer is here and i don't cut much it is a good time for me to start thinking more about having it tweeked a little.
thanks musky.

Rocky_J

If you read much on this forum or the AS chainsaw forum, you will find that all three put their contact information in their signatures when they post.

I happen to have Dan's phone number right here by my desk

Walker's can be found on the WWW using a search engine such as Google.

jokers

EHP is no doubt one of the best, he`s also a better than average guy to deal with. That`s not to say that Walkers, Dan Henry, or Ken Dunn aren`t top shelf. I`m just comparing Ed to the vast majority of people that are in customer related business it seems.

Who builds the best saw? That`s a very subjective question and the answer relies heavily on what saw you are having modified and what you plan to do with it. I`d talk to the prospective builders and get their feel for the build. Even without being consciously aware of it, they are all aware of their own strengths and preferences and can give you an idea what to reasonably expect from them.

Russ

Dick_Tracy

I guess my rply didnt get posted or i hit the wrong button, here in mt I run all wwwalkers saw shop saws. they seem to works for me. I have run a saw that was hopped up by ken dun from ca, I also have read things about dan henrys and ehp which I would like to know wath that stands for.

I have also seen someof denis  from bc and they didnt run as well as the dunn saw.I think the guy that was running thems was upset since he got beat so bad. I hope to have a saw made in a few weeks time to start calling peolpe.
Rich

Dick_Tracy

Well I haven a Dolmer 7900 port worked and the best hing is I should have here in MT in bout 2 weeks. I spoke with jarod and he has a few of them ready for shipp'n.
He told me they will jump at ya. A big thanks to Hunter 8)

ehp

Dick you will like the 7900 and it is going to jump at you so be ready

Hunter

Dick,
You will love the EHP 7900 thats coming your way.
Let us all know what you think.
 Hunter
Jmccomas@insight.rr.com
614-554-2169

Jeff

NOTE:  This is to protect the forum and the forum members. This is a phrase from the Forestry Forum Disclaimer, which has a link in the column to the left.

QuoteOTHER USERS
Users may not post any e-mail addresses, or personal information other than their own on any area of this site. Users will be held responsible and may be criminally liable for the posting of any other individual's personal information.

If ya'll want to risk posting your own phone number or email address in here, that is up to you, but under NO circumstances can we be posting someone else's personal information.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

iain

any one heard of a performance shop in the uk?

iain

woodsjunkie

There is one more performance shop I would like to mention.
I hear there is a guy in Michigan that's builds a mean smokin' fast saw by the name of Dave Neiger definitely one to be reckoned with. Been building and working on saw since the early 70's. He is also a Dolmar rep. sets up Dealer in Ohio,Michigan and Indiana. Dave is a great guy to deal with
He goes by dneiger on the forum so you can contact him or you can get his info from AS
Your allowed to have an excuse, you just cant use the same one twice.

ehp

Hunter you better know how Dick is cause his 7900 is ready and will be sent out today for him

Stan

QuoteI wont touch the saw unless all you want is a rebuild with stock parts and/or a new saw that has some fancy racin stripes and #3 decals on it. :)

Supposin' I want #9 decals.

I may have been born on a turnip truck, but I didn't just fall off.

Hunter

Dick,
 You are gonna love the EHP 7900. This thing is awesome.
Let me know how many more of your buddies want them. I just took 6 more saws up to canada.
Had a little Talegate party.

Thanks
Hunter
Jmccomas@insight.rr.com
614-554-2169

tony_marks

ive heard much about saw builkders.. thgeres several that get good things said about them.. me being old school ,,ill stick with a known value..dan henry can really make a difference in u work saw..try one ,,u gonna like it..

Dick_Tracy

Well I got the 7900 and just love thiss red bubble of a saw. Ed liked to use plentys of packagaing. I went out to the north 400 and spang that saw right in the wood. Thanks you Hunter. 8)

Hunter

Dick,
 Glad you liked it.Ed likes the duct tape and packing material.
That new EHP7900 should serve you well. They are a real powerhouse.
I doubt the smurf 7900 will be bothering you, hes knee deep in cheese.LOL

Thanks
Hunter
Jmccomas@insight.rr.com
614-554-2169

Thank You Sponsors!