iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Shed build for friend

Started by VictorH, February 14, 2013, 03:13:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VictorH

Was not quite sure where to place this.  It's certainly not Timber-frame but not sure I would call it woodworking, more like construction.  Anyway saw that MM thread for cabin addition was here so I figure this is the place.  So over the last year I've become friends with Gary.  He landed me a bunch of trees from a timber that was being cleared to make new farm ground.  Over the past months as I've gotten to know him he tells me that he really needs a shed for his honey business.  Turns out he's been wanting a "honey shack" for some 15 years and has never had the resources to put one up.  Work has been very slow this fall and winter and awhile back I informed him that we were going to build him his shed.  He was like 'I don't have the money' and I said I wasn't doing it for money.  I don't think he really believed me until I called him a couple of days later and made arrangement to meet up and start laying it out.  When finished the shed will be 24x36'  with half being enclosed and half open.   The enclosed area will house his bee keeping supplies and a kitchen type area that he will use to do the honey extraction and will also serve as a canning center for his huge garden.  All of the lumber has been milled on my sawmill.  Board and batten siding and we did wrap the entire thing with house wrap to keep the bees out.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

Well how about that. I don't have bees but we could use a canning center out of the house.  ;D
I also have a feeling you just got a lifetime supply of honey.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Tim Lea

Man that's great that a freind..

hackberry jake

https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

wildbill

thats a nice honey house.

smiley_thumbsup_grin
Raider Bill's favorite son

isawlogs

That will be a nice honey house for sure, I do know that there aint nothing to do to keep the bees out of the honey house , you may slow them down but you ain't keeping them out.  :D

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

VictorH

I'm pretty sure your right Isawlogs,  But he's hoping he'll have enough time to get the honey out of the supers before they get in and tell the rest how.   :D.  To that end the entire building including the floor and the roof was wrapped.  We'll see how it goes  ;)

drobertson

Nice work victor! dandy for sure
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Lud

So you said 24' but that looks 12'.....yyou're building the enclosed half first and will add a equal sized porch roof to the right  with a deck?? ???
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

VictorH

Hi Lud - yes that is close.  The other half will be open with no floor.  He wants to be able to park tractors and such under that area.  Needless to say the other 1/2 will be a lot less work.  Another bit will be a lean-too green house area off the south end.

Thank You Sponsors!