iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Power feed wheels and power requirements?

Started by Satamax, February 13, 2013, 02:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Satamax

Hi everybody.

I have kind of gathered the parts for a mill. Well, it gonna be a swing mill. The up and down movement will be made out of a two post car lift.  So that's rather heavy.

I have thoses wheels.

Do you guys think they are adequate. I know where to buy mine rails, no prob. Will i be able to track well with the flanges? I obviously will have brushes to clean the rails. Do i weld them to the arbor and turn the whole wheel and arbor for a real concentricity, and put theses in between pillow blocks? Or can i be a tad slopy on the concentricity side ;D What do i do, chain driven? I'm leaning on driving only two wheels, one each side.   What kind of power would you use? I will use three phase electric motor, with an inverter for speed control.

Any help would be welcome.

Thanks.

Max.
French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

hackberry jake

Is this going to be stationary or mobile? For the drive I would put a sprocket at the back and one at the front and connect a chain around them. Attach the chain to the carriage and power one of the sprockets off of either a dc motor or a hydraulic motor. Sure looks like its going to be a heavy build.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

Satamax

Well, for that one, it would be nice to have it mobile. Thought, way heavy it would be.   You're thinking about a side of the rail feed? Aren't woodmizers made like this? I know i've seen it done with a chain on each side. Why not, tho, that defeats one thing, which is the ability of adding some rail. I was calculating, cost of pillow blocks, chains, sprockets. It's always like this. Parts are expensive.

Thanks a lot for your reply.
French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

Thank You Sponsors!